CentOS 7 install error

Andrew Dixon

Jul 28, 2015, 5:27:56 PM7/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm trying to install Lucee on CentOS 7 and I'm getting the following error at the end of the installer:

/opt/lucee/sys/install_mod_cfml.sh: line 486: ModCFML_SharedKey
"${$mySecretKey}": bad substitution

This is a completely clean CentOS Minimal install and the only other thing I've installed is Apache HTTPD.

Once the installer is complete and I create a "test.cfm" in the /var/www/html/ directory and attempt to run it I get:

Tomcat Mod_CFML error
mod_cfml request authentication failed!

In the browser. According to:

This error is something to do with the "SharedKey" mentioned above, but I have no idea what to do next.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Jon Clausen

Jul 28, 2015, 5:43:27 PM7/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

There are some crypto libraries and other utils many packages take for granted that aren’t included in the CentOS minimal installation. One suggestion might be to run the install commands for Tomcat and see what dependencies will also be installed.

yum install tomcat.noarch

You can see what’s currently installed with yum list installed

If openSSL isn’t installed, start there.

You can also upgrade package groups to Basic or Web Server, which will add many of those common libraries, with:

yum groupinstall "Base"

or

yum groupinstall "Web Server"

Jordan Michaels

Jul 28, 2015, 6:17:05 PM7/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Can you confirm what version of the installer you're using? That's a typo.

Change this: ${$mySecretKey}
to this: ${mySecretKey}

... and that error should go away. Some jack-wang must've included the $ sign when he copied and pasted the variable name. >.<

-Jordan
about.me <http://about.me/andrew_dixon> - mso <http://www.mso.net> - Lucee
Association Member <http://lucee.org>

Andrew Dixon

Jul 28, 2015, 6:21:26 PM7/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Well, I've been playing about with this a bit and I think it is actually just an error in the install_mod_cfml.sh script. I changed the script to have the secret key "hard coded" and then re-ran it manually and it worked. I then just updated the Tomcat server.xml script to have the correct key in it, e.g. so the one in the httpd.conf file and server.xml file matched, and then it was all good.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Jon Clausen

Jul 28, 2015, 6:30:18 PM7/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
As soon as I saw Jordan’s response, I thought, “Oops, I hope I didn't just sent Andrew on a wild goose chase…” :/

Glad you got it resolved!

Jordan Michaels

Jul 28, 2015, 6:34:42 PM7/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Okay. Crazy. This was not present in my development builds (the ones
that I ran through all my tests). I must've made a mistake when copying
files to the production builds. ::facepalm::

I will crank out some patched installers today or tomorrow.

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels

On 07/28/2015 03:21 PM, Andrew Dixon wrote:
> [...]
> <mailto:andrew...@gmail.com>) wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm trying to install Lucee on CentOS 7 and I'm getting the
>> following error at the end of the installer:
>>
>> /opt/lucee/sys/install_mod_cfml.sh: line 486: ModCFML_SharedKey
>> "${$mySecretKey}": bad substitution
>>
>> This is a completely clean CentOS Minimal install and the only
>> other thing I've installed is Apache HTTPD.
>>
>> Once the installer is complete and I create a "test.cfm" in the
>> /var/www/html/ directory and attempt to run it I get:
>>
>> Tomcat Mod_CFML error
>> mod_cfml request authentication failed!
>>
>> In the browser. According to:
>>
>> http://www.modcfml.org/index.cfm/documentation/modcfml-tomcat-valve/config-options/
>>
>> This error is something to do with the "SharedKey" mentioned
>> above, but I have no idea what to do next.
>>
>> Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas how to fix it?

Andrew Dixon

Jul 29, 2015, 2:24:23 PM7/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jordan, shit happens!!! :-)

Kind regards,

Andrew

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/55B80371.909%40viviotech.net.

Jordan Michaels

Jul 29, 2015, 8:35:02 PM7/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Patched installers have been posted. Tested on CentOS 7 64 minimal with
httpd 2.4 without errors.

http://lucee.viviotech.net/

Release notes:
https://github.com/utdream/CFML-Installers/wiki/Lucee-Installer-Release-Notes

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels

On 07/29/2015 11:24 AM, Andrew Dixon wrote:
> [...]
> <mailto:jon_c...@silowebworks.com
> <mailto:jon_c...@silowebworks.com>>> wrote:
>
> There are some crypto libraries and other utils many
> packages take
> for granted that aren’t included in the CentOS minimal
> installation.
> One suggestion might be to run the install commands for
> Tomcat and
> see what dependencies will also be installed.
>
> |yum install tomcat.noarch
> |

> You can see what’s currently installed with |yum list
> installed|
>
> If openSSL isn’t installed, start there.
>
> You can also upgrade package groups to Basic or Web Server,
> which
> will add many of those common libraries, with:
>
> |yum groupinstall "Base"
> |

> or
>
> |yum groupinstall "Web Server"
> |

> On July 28, 2015 at 5:27:56 PM, Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon

Jul 30, 2015, 6:39:27 AM7/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jordan, I've updated the download links on the lucee.org site.

Kind regards,

Andrew

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/55B97132.9030700%40viviotech.net.

Jordan Michaels