MongoDB Extension

Sean Daniels

Feb 2, 2015, 1:38:33 PM2/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I see this on the wiki:
The following extensions need to be updated in order to work with Lucee. It is best uninstall them before you migrate to Lucee:
All cache extensions (Memcached, Infinispan)
MongoDB extension
This list will be added to as issues come to light.
Does this mean there is no MongoDB extension yet or that it simply needs to be uninstalled before migrating and then reinstalled? I’m thinking about migrating my dev machine later today but I won’t bother if there’s no MongoDB extension yet.

Also, now I know why you never got back to me about open sourcing the extension Micha! Any update on that now?

Michael Offner

Feb 2, 2015, 2:00:39 PM2/2/15
to lucee
Sorry, I know you waited for this for some time on this!

The extension was ready for some time but simply not for Railo. You cannot see the extension in the Railo Admin, simply because the Railo admin does not consult the Lucee Extension Provider ;-)
So best uninstall the existing extension.

As soon, you have installed Lucee you will see it listed under the Extensions in the server admin ;-)

The extension is also released as an open source project (LGPL 2.1) here:

Maybe Rasia will pass this projects to the Lucee Assoscation in the future, that is not decided yet.

Micha

Sean Daniels

Feb 2, 2015, 2:12:37 PM2/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Awesome news. Thanks Micha, I look forward to checking it out and participating in the new Lucee community!

Robert Munn

Feb 3, 2015, 7:48:16 PM2/3/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I just found a change in how the Lucee extension is working from the beta extension. I had a bit of a hack to get $aggregate working, now my code matches better to how the mongo shell works. I just wrote a blog post about it:

http://blog.bonnydoonmedia.com/post.cfm/lucee-mongodb-extension

Robert

Robert Munn

Michael Offner

Feb 4, 2015, 6:45:42 AM2/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Robert Munn

Feb 4, 2015, 10:39:28 PM2/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Looks like Jonathan posted a fix in his fork. Do you need me to do anything else?

Robert
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Michael Offner

Feb 5, 2015, 1:40:38 AM2/5/15