Can't find configuration template named 'coldFusion'

to...@3lll.asia

Jul 21, 2016, 10:31:06 AM7/21/16
to Lucee
I'm trying to get a cfc working with lucee - I'm copying the code from http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/Developing/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec0ac4a-7fd9.html - Invoking component methods by using a form.

This is what I get...

Message Can't find configuration template named 'coldFusion'

Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
/Users/Tony/Desktop/Lucee5 - Polymer/webapps/ROOT/coldfusion-ajax/components/corpQuery.cfc: line 10

8: FROM profile
9: WHERE Name = '#arguments.lastName#'
10: </cfquery>
12: <cfdump var=#empQuery#>

Searching the web gives me a potential sandbox error but this is running from Lucee 5 Stable Express....

I am not using any template called coldFusion. I've been using the server with no problems but this is the first time with cfc...

Any thoughts?

Mark Drew

Jul 21, 2016, 10:39:44 AM7/21/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
You have to show more of your code. Also, invoking CFC’s like that feels dirty to me.

Anyone else?

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver

--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/df4a7309-c619-4979-8c75-e60b8d08e09c%40googlegroups.com.

to...@3lll.asia

Jul 21, 2016, 10:50:54 AM7/21/16
to Lucee
Hi Mark

There are only two files - everything else is standard. I tried both in the ROOT directory and in my sub directory

cfc...

<cfcomponent>
<cffunction name="getEmp" access="remote">
<cfargument name="lastName" required="true">
<cfset var empQuery="">
<cfquery name="empQuery" datasource="food13">
SELECT *
FROM profile
WHERE Name = '#arguments.lastName#'
</cfquery>

         <cfdump var=#empQuery#>
</cffunction>
</cfcomponent>

cfm

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Title</title>
</head>
<h2>Find People</h2>
<cfdump var="#arguments#">
<form action="components/corpQuery.cfc?method=getEmp" method="post">
<input type="Text" name="lastName">
<input type="Hidden" name="method" value="getEmp">
<input type="Submit" title="Submit Query"><br>
</form>
<cfdump var="#arguments#">

I'm connecting web components to Lucee and this seems the best way to do it.... Would you suggest another way?

On Thursday, 21 July 2016 16:39:44 UTC+2, Mark Drew wrote:
You have to show more of your code. Also, invoking CFC’s like that feels dirty to me.

Anyone else?

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver

Mark Drew

Jul 21, 2016, 10:53:17 AM7/21/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Since my CFC’s contain so much functionality I usually use a framework and block all calls to .cfc anyway (so they are not web accessible)

For example Taffy (for REST)

Anyway, that looks very odd, can do you a screen shot of the error. I think this might be something unrelated, like the error template or something?

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver

to...@3lll.asia

Jul 21, 2016, 10:59:47 AM7/21/16
to Lucee
I think frameworks are on their way out - Why bother when you can use the native DOM as the framework?

I think we will go via websockets but in the meantime it would be nice to hook up our Lucee code with a proper web front end.

In the meantime this should work though, shouldn't it?
Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 15.50.26.png

to...@3lll.asia

Jul 21, 2016, 11:04:52 AM7/21/16
to Lucee
I think I have found the error - The server was being killed by my app.

I tested it using another app.

Thanks for your help...

Mark Drew

Jul 21, 2016, 11:09:55 AM7/21/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I think on the server side they are not. a framework is not for MVC only, so for example Taffy is just for REST, so it’s a rest framework so you can have clean endpoints and documentation rather than a bunch of CFCs

As your application gets more complex you will get code that relies on other bits of code (on the server side), such as validating inputs and other processes.

With regards to the security article, not sure, I don’t have time to read it at the moment unfortunately :(

WebSockets would totally be the way to go.

Again, Frameworks such as FW/1 and DW/1 are not only for making Lucee display front end stuff.

Regards

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver

--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp

Mark Drew

Jul 21, 2016, 11:10:10 AM7/21/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Oh dear. :) Glad you solved it.

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver

--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp

to...@3lll.asia

Jul 21, 2016, 11:27:18 AM7/21/16
to Lucee
I have investigated Taffy and got it working....

My colleague has been working on pub/sub and remote rpc over websockets - He is using Crossbar / Autobahn as the server.

He uses Python and javascript out front.

My ideal at the moment would be Lucee with Polymer as the web component front end. Do you know where Lucee is with regards to websockets?

Mark Drew

Jul 21, 2016, 11:30:36 AM7/21/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I haven’t looked at it in a while but there was an extension by Andrea Campalongi for Railo so it would need to be ported to Lucee 5

There is also this thread that might help? https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/lucee/_9SmGV4e1qA

Basically it becomes an event gateway that calls stuff and that you can push to.

Personally I like Meteor for the realtime stuff with React (which I am just getting into https://www.meteor.com/tutorials/react/creating-an-app )

HTH

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver