One server 2 website 2 different IP Address

Jessica Vaskelis

Nov 9, 2015, 5:57:04 PM11/9/15
to Lucee
Hi,

I've installed on a Windows server lucee on 1 address IP. I have a second address IP that I need to show a different page from the website. So both need to be on the 80 port.

I've change the server.xml in the conf folder. If I change the port of the second instance it work, but it doesn't with the IP address. Can you help ? Do you have an exemple of configuration ?

Thanks

Jordan Michaels

Nov 9, 2015, 6:25:13 PM11/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Jessica,

In this statement:

> If I change the port of
> the second instance it work, but it doesn't with the IP address.

Are you saying that you are running two different instances of
Tomcat/Lucee on the same machine?

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels
> --
> Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
> http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/e3fbd7a5-b778-408e-b9e6-87594d70c3c9%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/e3fbd7a5-b778-408e-b9e6-87594d70c3c9%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jessica Vaskelis

Nov 9, 2015, 6:28:25 PM11/9/15
to Lucee
Yes, well I think so. I duplicate de service in the server.xml. even if I specify an IP address on the first service connector and a second one in the other service connector when I type the IP I still go to the first services so wrong login page.

Jordan Michaels

Nov 9, 2015, 7:05:43 PM11/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
If you're not sure, then I would say probably not. It takes purposeful
effort to setup two instances of Tomcat on the same machine. ;)

The IP Address is only relevant to tomcat by way of the connector's
listening address, or the http host header. Do you connect to your site
by hitting the IP Address directly? Or, what URL's do you use to hit the
two separate locations?

The URL's (not the IP Addresses) will dictate how you have to set up
your sites in Tomcat.

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels
> --
> Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
> http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/fd2ed5d8-1263-482d-a4dd-0612fcb5fa2b%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/fd2ed5d8-1263-482d-a4dd-0612fcb5fa2b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jessica Vaskelis

Nov 10, 2015, 8:26:18 AM11/10/15
to Lucee
Thanks a lot for your help !

Dream about the solution last night. My server.xml configuration file was ok. My trouble was a redirection in my application configuration file to the port 443 for the SSL. Once I've made an exception for the domain name everything worked fine ! Lucee is so great !

Thanks !