dump

Gavin Baumanis

May 4, 2015, 11:24:41 PM5/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I am currently consolidating some skills for Scala.
And one thing I really miss from the CF world is the ability to "dump" dynamic structures / objects etc.

Is there any possibility of spinning out of Lucee, "dump" functionality into a jar - that could then be used elsewhere?
Perhaps its not even technically possibly - it might just bee too intrinsically tied into the Lucee service / CFML...

But I thought I would at least ask!

Ps. I am loving Lucee and look forward to a stable relase of the new version!

As always - thanks in advance!

Gavin.

Igal @ Lucee.org

May 4, 2015, 11:48:58 PM5/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Gavin,

I'm not sure what you mean by "dump" objects.

if you mean to inspect the values of an object while debugging, then use

    <cfdump var="#object#">

or the script version

    dump(object);

if you mean to store the object somewhere so that it could be loaded later, then use the built in function

    serialized = serialize(object);

which will create a string that you can store in a file, database, etc.; then the object can be "retrieved" by calling

    obj = evaluate(serialized);

if you meant something completely different please clarify.

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Jesse Shaffer

May 5, 2015, 8:30:53 AM5/5/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I think he's wanting to know if the Lucee dump functionality can be exported from Lucee into a separate jar so he can use it in Scala.

Gavin Baumanis

May 7, 2015, 5:10:45 AM5/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the lain english version - exactly what I was meaning!

Gert Franz

May 7, 2015, 7:55:25 AM5/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

This is maybe possible in Lucee 5 IMHO. There you can call CFML functionality from Java and that could perhaps then work with Scala too

Sincerely
Gert Franz

RASIA GmbH

Spittelgasse 7

5103 Moeriken-Wildegg

Email: ge...@rasia.ch
Skype: gert.franz

Phone Switzerland: +41 76 5680 231

--

image001.png

Michael Offner

May 9, 2015, 2:48:27 AM5/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
The first thing I did when I had to do php (thankfully that was 10 years ago), was a dump function myself. Best write one yourself, remember the Lucee impl is a component, that means scala not only need to be able to know components it also need to be able to execute components... That is for sure a overhead for this task.

Micha