Lucee 5 - New Beta Release Available - 5.0.0.213

Andrew Dixon

Mar 4, 2016, 1:15:43 PM3/4/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

There is a new Lucee 5 Beta release available, version 5.0.0.213, which can be downloaded for the preview site:

Kind regards,

Andrew

Mark Drew

Mar 4, 2016, 3:11:26 PM3/4/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
May I suggest that new releases like this (and emails as we got sent via the Mailchimp(?) mailing list) should include the fact that a new version has been released as well as the tickets that are assigned to that release?

Check out Framework One's post for example: http://framework-one.github.io/documentation/4.0/changes.html

It would also be good that these releases would trigger a blog post (along the same lines?)

I presume most of this already in JIRA.

This would help beta testers (which is the point of releasing Betas after all) actually test the releases.

Just some food for thought since I don't know the current release process

Regards

Mark Drew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Andrew Dixon

Mar 4, 2016, 4:09:37 PM3/4/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

I will check with Micha and see where / if I can pick up that information for these Lucee 5 releases as I'm not sure "everything" is on JIRA. I know the bugs will be but I'm not sure about everything else.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Andrew Dixon

Mar 4, 2016, 4:16:27 PM3/4/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
For now here is a link to JIRA with a list of bugs that have been fixed been this beta release and previous beta release, however, like I say I don't think this is everything that has changed:

Kind regards,

Andrew

mark

Mar 4, 2016, 4:34:46 PM3/4/16
to Lucee
cfhttp not working?

Also did you give up on updating the Postgres extension?

Andrew Dixon

Mar 5, 2016, 3:20:01 AM3/5/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

I know the PostgreSQL issue has been fixed. I'm not aware of any issues with CFHTTP

Here is a better list of fixes:

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

mark

Mar 5, 2016, 4:54:46 PM3/5/16
to Lucee
Sorry but cfhttp is not working here in either tag or script,
Could not initialize class org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRedirectStrategy.

I wondered if you gave up on updating the postgresql extension, I tried a previous lucee 5 beta/snapshot and had
noticed you updated the postgres jdbc to 1207 but didn't seem to work properly,
so the fix was to revert to a much older postgres jdbc 8.3?

win 7, java 8u72, lucee-express-5.0.0.213-BETA.

Michael Offner

Mar 7, 2016, 2:08:36 AM3/7/16
to lucee
Here we go (all ticket solved since the last Beta (5.0.0.178)):
  • UTF-8 is not UTF-8: LDEV-747
  • support for versioning with "required-extension": LDEV-749
  • datasource clear method has invalid validation: LDEV-746
  • cfmail errors when you add a charset.: LDEV-342
  • CR line breaks when using <cfhttp> on csv files: LDEV-761
  • Lucene 5.2.1 initialization failed: LDEV-762
  • cfdocument format="pdf" not working at all: LDEV-759
  • admin context update info not working: LDEV-767
  • default value can break compiler: LDEV-765
  • make sure extension install is failsafe: LDEV-768
  • Returning * invalid syntax on SELECT statements with Postgres: LDEV-757
  • JEE session looses data on onsessionEnd call: LDEV-774
Micha

p.s.
you can also find the changelog here between the lines.
this is based on the following rest service.

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Michael Offner

Mar 7, 2016, 2:27:32 AM3/7/16
to lucee
Hi Mark

We will address the cfhttp issue today, because we are running our testcases within JSR223, we could not use cfhttp anymore, so it is not tested atm, but we will change that fact today.

Pproblem with newer driver of Postgres is that issue http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4BD196B4...@smilehouse.com
When you set the attribute "result" with thetag "cfquery", you are setting in fact the "RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS" flag and breaks when you have a select statement. this clearly breaks with the JDBC interface, maybe we could even life with thty by provifing a good exeception message, something like "don't usethe attribute "result" when doing a select stament", but the problem is that the component "Query" does always set this attribue and we cannot change that fact wihout breaking compatibility to ACF and older Lucee versions. So ATM never Postgres JDBC driver versions are not an option because they are not JDBC compatible anymore.

Is this a problem for you that Lucee comes not with the latest driver or do you simply think this would be a nice to have?

Micha

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:34 PM, mark <mgr...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

ADK

Mar 7, 2016, 1:38:59 PM3/7/16
to Lucee
When an update is ready, the Lucee admin nicely lists the tickets (with links) that the update has modified/fixed. However, once you apply that update/patch it seems the info disappears from the admin. Is there a way to access it or do we need to go to an external source as listed on this thread?

It would be handy to have that info continue to be exposed in the admin after a patch is supplied... I assume it's still there? Or maybe it's in another place that I haven't found yet?

Pproblem with newer driver of Postgres is that issue http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4BD196B4.304...@smilehouse.com
When you set the attribute "result" with thetag "cfquery", you are setting in fact the "RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS" flag and breaks when you have a select statement. this clearly breaks with the JDBC interface, maybe we could even life with thty by provifing a good exeception message, something like "don't usethe attribute "result" when doing a select stament", but the problem is that the component "Query" does always set this attribue and we cannot change that fact wihout breaking compatibility to ACF and older Lucee versions. So ATM never Postgres JDBC driver versions are not an option because they are not JDBC compatible anymore.

Is this a problem for you that Lucee comes not with the latest driver or do you simply think this would be a nice to have?

Micha

Michael Offner

Mar 7, 2016, 3:33:56 PM3/7/16
to lucee
you mean integrate into the admin?

you can see it here:

of course this output get improved in the future and integrated into the lucee.org website

Micha

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 7:38 PM, ADK <and...@leftbower.com> wrote:
[...]

Michael Offner

Mar 7, 2016, 3:36:41 PM3/7/16
to lucee
Problem with cfhttp in the beta is fixed, simply delete the file /lucee-server/bundles/org.lucee.httpcomponents.httpclient-4.5.0.jar and restart Lucee (lucee will download the fixed version).
Or redownload the package you like.

Micha

p.s, we also have added testcases for this

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:34 PM, mark <mgr...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Igal @ Lucee.org

Mar 7, 2016, 3:38:12 PM3/7/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I'm working with the PostgreSQL driver people to resolve the issue:
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/issues/488

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

mark

Mar 7, 2016, 8:43:49 PM3/7/16
to Lucee
What exactly is causing this problem? Does Adobe Coldfusion also use the same Postgres 8.3 jdbc driver to avoid the same errors?
I'm asking cause I don't have acf installed but I do have one of your open source competitors installed and this simple query works
with the latest pgjdbc 1208 but fails in Lucee 4.5

<cfquery name="EmpList" datasource="myds" result="tmpResult">
select * from mytable
</cfquery>
<cfoutput query="EmpList">

</cfoutput> <br>
<cfoutput>
    The query returned #tmpResult.RecordCount# records.<br>
    The query columns are: #tmpResult.ColumnList#.<br>
    The SQL is #tmpResult.SQL#.<br>
    Whether the query was cached: #tmpResult.Cached#.<br>
    Query execution time: #tmpResult.ExecutionTime#.<br>
</cfoutput>

are the PG issues with Lucee only or does ACF also throw the same errors?

thanks,
Mark.

Igal @ Lucee.org

Mar 7, 2016, 8:58:11 PM3/7/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
the problem is only with the Query.cfc, so it's with the

    q = new Query();

style.

in that style the result attribute is set, and so we pass the RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS flag to the driver.  the driver then adds "RETURNING *" so you end up with something like

    select * from mytable RETURNING *

which is invalid, as RETURNING is only valid in INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org