Access to host manager in Lucee 5

Tom Chiverton

Oct 12, 2016, 6:59:12 AM10/12/16
to Lucee
How do I access the Host Manager in Lucee 5? http://localhost/host-manager (or /host-manager/html) both return 404.

I think I have a broken context and want to avoid restarting the instance, and the mod_cfml docs suggest this is a GUI to do that ?

TOm

Tom Chiverton

Oct 12, 2016, 7:15:42 AM10/12/16
to Lucee
Looks like Lucee don't ship it ? Could I do something like copy the host-manager and manager webapp folders from the source distribution to somewhere ?

Jordan Michaels

Oct 12, 2016, 2:24:59 PM10/12/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Correct. Lucee doesn't ship with the Host Manager as the majority of folks don't use it. However, you CAN copy it in to the webapps folder, re-enable JSP in the web config, and run it.

Would make for a great how-to article, honestly.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Tom Chiverton

Oct 13, 2016, 3:53:50 AM10/13/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com

On 12 October 2016 at 19:24, Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net> wrote:
e-enable JSP in the web config,

That would require bouncing Lucee I think ?

--
Tom

Bilal

Oct 13, 2016, 8:09:17 AM10/13/16
to Lucee
If you need to use the additional tomcat components you might want to add lucee war package to standard tomcat and configure it as default.
This could be as simple as renaming the Tomcat ROOT folder to ROOTOLD, changing the Lucee war file name to ROOT and  dropping it in.

@Jordan,
this question does pop up occasionally so a little how to would be cool ;o)

Best,
Bilal