Re: [Lucee] Informix database setup

AJ Mercer

Oct 28, 2016, 12:51:15 AM10/28/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
in the datasource type, choose 'other' [just looked in my Lucee 5 and it sayd deprecated??]

you will need the Informix JAR and know its class path

Not sure if Lucee 5 needs an Informix datasource extension created

On 28 October 2016 at 00:31, J Mac <jayan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to setup a connection to an informix database.

Preferrably using JDBC.

I have not found any examples or instructions on this and thought I would ask here for help.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/760c27f9-f3b3-45a3-bf77-ae64d50ec29f%40googlegroups.com.

AJ Mercer

Oct 28, 2016, 12:52:31 AM10/28/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com

J Mac

Oct 31, 2016, 12:16:46 PM10/31/16
to Lucee
I tried just adding the jar and linking that way but it did not work for me.

I think it will need a new extension created.

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 11:51:15 PM UTC-5, AJ Mercer wrote:
[...]

Jonathan D'Andries

Oct 31, 2016, 6:24:12 PM10/31/16
to Lucee
I'm working on this with Jay. We're using FROM lucee/lucee5-nginx:latest as our base image in Docker, and we've tried the following:

# Add the driver Jar to the location where all the other jdbc drivers are loaded with hope it will be included in the classpath:
COPY ifxjdbc.jar /opt/lucee/server/lucee-server/bundles/

# Define a new Datasource of type "Other - JDBC Driver (depricated)" here:
/lucee/admin/server.cfm?action=services.datasource

Class Name: com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver
Connection String: jdbc:informix-sqli://...

But we're getting the following error message:

cannot load class through its string name, because no definition for the class with the specified name [com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver] could be found

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jonathan

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 11:52:31 PM UTC-5, AJ Mercer wrote:
On 28 October 2016 at 00:31, J Mac <jayan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to setup a connection to an informix database.

Preferrably using JDBC.

I have not found any examples or instructions on this and thought I would ask here for help.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/760c27f9-f3b3-45a3-bf77-ae64d50ec29f%40googlegroups.com.

AJ Mercer

Oct 31, 2016, 6:54:24 PM10/31/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Jonathan D'Andries

Nov 2, 2016, 6:38:47 PM11/2/16
to Lucee
Perfect, thanks. Those links helped answer two questions:

1. If we want to use "Other - JDBC Driver (depricated)" with our custom driver, where do we put fxjdbc.jar so that it's added to the CLASSPATH?
  Answer: put it in the same directory with lucee.jar. In the version we are running, that location is as follows: /usr/local/tomcat/lucee/

2. If we want to define a custom extension (not necessary, but would be nice for the community), how do you get started?
  Answer: You can start by modifying an existing extension: "You can modify the one in your server in lucee-server/context/context/admin/MSSQL.cfc selectMethod and sendStringParametersAsUnicode are even there as helpful examples."

I was able to add the "Other - JDBC Driver (depricated)" data source now, but I haven't tried using it yet. I'll post back if it doesn't work...

Cheers,

Jonathan