null pointer exception trying ehcache

Rolf Anderegg

Oct 1, 2015, 11:15:45 AM10/1/15
to Lucee
I tried to setup ehcache on a Lucee Server (4.5.1.023 final).

I added a cache in the administrator and set the cache to hold objects.

if I try to verify the cache in the administrator, I get an error (when i hover the error sign it say's "java.lang.NullPointerException").

Whe i try to access the cache programatically:

<cfset cacheput("default",now())>

I get a more detailed Message:

Java Stacktracejava.lang.NullPointerException
at railo.runtime.cache.eh.EHCache.getCache(EHCache.java:512):512
at railo.runtime.cache.eh.EHCacheSupport.put(EHCacheSupport.java:63):63
at railo.runtime.functions.cache.CachePut._call(CachePut.java:36):36
at railo.runtime.functions.cache.CachePut.call(CachePut.java:19):19
at test.www.cache.a1_cfm$cf.call(/data/web/test/www/cache/a1.cfm:5):5
at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:880):880
at railo.runtime.listener.ClassicAppListener._onRequest(ClassicAppListener.java:39):39
at railo.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onRequest(MixedAppListener.java:19):19

The Box lucee is running on is a Centos 6.6 64-Bit.

I also tried with lucee Express installed on the same server with the same result.

Is there someting more i have to install configure?

Any help is apreciated

TIA Rolf

Andrew Dixon

Oct 1, 2015, 11:18:51 AM10/1/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rolf,

Have you added them in the "web" admin or the "server" admin?

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Rolf Anderegg

Oct 1, 2015, 11:40:03 AM10/1/15
to Lucee
Hi Andrew,

I tried in the Server Administrator.

After your message i tried it in the Web Administrator.

-> Verifying the Cache created in the Administrator: Still not working

-> Creating a New Cache in the Web Administrator Works! including verify

After some further investigation:

The Problem was the name of the cache. I used "default" as the name which dosent work neither in Server nor Web Administrator "default1" for example worked like a charm in both admins.

Thanks a lot for your hint

Rolf

Andrew Dixon

Oct 1, 2015, 4:32:19 PM10/1/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so "default" must be a reserved word for the cache name, I will raise a bug ticket.

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/