Issue Tracker now moved to JIRA

Andrew Dixon

Apr 28, 2015, 7:22:15 PM4/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

As per my previous post, today we are moving the Lucee core issue tracking to JIRA. As such with have switched off the issue tracker on BitBucket. Unfortunately due to the limited nature of the BitBucket issue tracker it is not possible to leave the BitBucket issue tracker accessible in a "read only" mode or to redirect the BitBucket links to JIRA. The Lucee JIRA can be found at:

If you have not already done so, please feel free to register for an account, or email me if you would like to use your BitBucket username.

During this process we have also found that the JIRA importer is not the best and whilst it allows you to run the importer multiple times and suggests it is getting all new content from the BitBucket issue tracker this appears to not be the case, it only actually gets new issues and ignores everything about existing issues. Therefore some comments might be missing from the JIRA board, however these are still accessible to the core development team, so don't worry too much about that but feel free to add any missing comment of your own back to JIRA if you want to.

Another thing the BitBucket importer misses is votes, again, the core development team still have access to the votes on BitBucket, but please feel free to vote for any tickets again on JIRA.

There is a description on the Lucee JIRA homepage explaining the different statuses in the development workflow that has been configured, so please take a read of this for an understanding of the process.

Please let me know if you have any questions, issues, etc...

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

Adam Cameron

Apr 29, 2015, 3:49:55 AM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Hey Andrew... doesn't look like the VOTES got carried across.

Are they lost now, so we'll need to redo, or can you recover them?

Other than one ticket I think Micha had actually deleted at some point, the migration seems solid other than that (I've only checked a dozen or so tickets, that said).

Cheers.

--
Adam

Julian Halliwell

Apr 29, 2015, 4:29:23 AM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew

It's a shame there'll be no redirects. I've linked to Lucee Bitbucket
issues quite a bit on my blog which I've just been through and
changed, but clearly there'll be links elsewhere that will now just
get "Access denied".

There are also links between tickets which will no longer work, e.g.
in migrated comments.

I notice too that the issue numbers have shifted up in many cases.
E.g. what was Issue 77 in Bitbucket is now issue 78 in Jira.

Finally, I wonder about the SEO of Jira compared to Bitbucket. BB
tickets have SEO-friendly URLs e.g.

https://bitbucket.org/lucee/lucee/issue/77/orm-doesnt-persist-data-in-cftransactions

whereas the JIRA equivalent is:

https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-78

May not matter that much I supposed but clearly good Googlability of
issues is desirable.

Cheers
Julian.

Adam Cameron

Apr 29, 2015, 4:40:04 AM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, 29 April 2015 09:29:23 UTC+1, Julian Halliwell wrote:
Hi Andrew

It's a shame there'll be no redirects.

It shouldn't be that hard to set up an .htaccess file with a RewriteMap redirecting old tickets to new tickets, should it not?

I guess it might not be possible to do .htaccess files (or equiv) on bitbucket.

Oh well.

I went through my blog and updated all the references I had. Only took about half an hour. Was quite tedious though.

--
Adam

Simon Hooker

Apr 29, 2015, 7:48:37 AM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately Bitbucket isn't that friendly - the options seem to be "on" and "off".  It would have been nice to have a "Read only" version though.  Someone already raised this as an enhancement request with Atlassian ( https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issue/2462/allow-admins-to-specify-read-write-admin ) however despite hundreds of votes and being their 5th most voted for feature, they aren't going to implement it.

We do not have plans at the moment to add granular separate permissions for wikis and the Bitbucket issue tracker.

However, we are working toward allowing owners of the wikis that are associated with public repos to block anonymous contributions to those wikis (and a few other useful and more granular permission that are related to repo permissions) .

  • Ike DeLorenzo, PM , Bitbucket

That is the one and only response from Atlassian, it was posted in Jan 2015, and considering the ticket was raised in Jan 2011 it's not particularly encouraging.

Presumably they'd rather people just switch to Jira.  Heyho!

Andrew Dixon

Apr 29, 2015, 8:12:24 AM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
If they made a decent importer for JIRA then it would not be so much of an issue.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

Michael Offner

Apr 29, 2015, 9:54:10 AM4/29/15
to lucee
you can also reach Jira with the following URL

Micha

Adam Cameron

Apr 29, 2015, 1:19:46 PM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Hey Andrew, just clicking around in Jira and landed on this screen https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/projects/LDEV?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page

Are you at some point gonna:
a) set the correct release version for all the tickets that have been fixed and released;
b) create future versions, and triage outstanding tickets into them, so we can see when stuff is scheduled to be done (and what's not scheduled to be done)

Both of these are pretty useful bits of information: to see what was fixed when, and also get an idea of how enthused one should be able a pending release.

Cheers.

--
Adam

Simon Hooker

Apr 29, 2015, 1:27:23 PM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

The 'what's going to be done but is not scheduled' pile is the backlog. Once its gone through QA it'll be able I expect to be assigned into a release. At least that is how ive interpreted it when it comes to bug tickets.

Regarding triage, tickets will be triaged but it takes time - I mean I managed a whole 1 ticket triaged during my lunch break today - but at least once things are through triage the aims of the ticket should be clear and hopefully unit tests in place to confirm a fix!

Peter Boughton

Apr 29, 2015, 5:38:15 PM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Not all issues were transferred across.

Issue 322 for example.

Simon Hooker

Apr 29, 2015, 6:37:15 PM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lu...@sorcerersisle.com
Hi Peter

Do you have any info as to what Issue 322 was?

Adam Cameron

Apr 29, 2015, 7:10:35 PM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Simon Hooker

Apr 29, 2015, 8:07:22 PM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-315 That looks to be issue #322 from Bitbucket Peter/Adam

Adam Cameron

Apr 30, 2015, 1:37:59 AM4/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Cool. I have to admit I took Peter at his word it hadn't been migrated and didn't check.

It is missing all its comments though. That's probably the important part of the ticket, TBH.

Cheers for looking into this, Simon.

--
Adam

Simon Hooker

Apr 30, 2015, 4:00:28 AM4/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
It is but unfortunately we have Atlassian to thank on that one - the original import was done a few days previous in order for the board to be set up, and then a second import was done at the point when you noticed Bitbucket issue tracking was down.  Unfortunately Atlassian have based the Bitbucket->Jira import on a potato and as such it doesn't merge in comments etc from issues that were already imported.

Most frustrating, but going forwards Jira is certainly a much better platform to be on at least :)

Adam Cameron

Apr 30, 2015, 4:07:50 AM4/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Right.

So how are you going to restore the comments? There is a substantial amount of info there.

Manually copy and paste them, I guess? I'd be happy to do this meself, but for obvious reasons I cannot.

--
Adam

Adam Cameron

Apr 30, 2015, 7:20:49 AM4/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
G;day Andrew.
Hey the Jira feature which resolves @username references in comments etc doesn't seem to be switched on. Can you check?

Cheers.

--
Adam

Peter Boughton

Apr 30, 2015, 6:40:10 PM4/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon.

When I looked the issue wasn't listed in recently updated, didn't match
when I tried the matching issue number, and didn't come back in a search
for Tomcat, hence reaching that conclusion.

(It does return in a search now, so perhaps Jira hadn't indexed on the
initial import or something.)

Simon Hooker

May 1, 2015, 4:24:36 AM5/1/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I believe this is because the import may have gone off the date of first post for the import, and as to the search admittedly I have found the search in our (mso - not Lucee) internal Jira installation to be a bit rubbish sometimes.  Maybe something to keep an eye on I guess!

Kind Regards,

Simon

Simon Hooker
Head of Product Development

t. +44 (0)1474 704400
e. simon....@mso.net
w. mso.net

mso.net, The Old Granary, Malt House Farm, Green Street Green Road, Dartford, Kent DA2 8DX

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. The content does not necessarily represent the opinion of mso.net or any of its affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient(s), any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please notify us by e-mail postm...@mso.net or by telephone +44 (0)1474 704400
Online New Media t/as mso.net Registered in England No. 3824328. Registered office: The Old Granary, Malt House Farm, Green St Green Road. Dartford. Kent DA2 8DX
  Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email

Jeroen Knoef

May 11, 2015, 5:32:24 AM5/11/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

I just registered for an account to create a new issue, however it seems I'm not allowed to do that. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jeroen

Andrew Dixon

May 11, 2015, 1:56:09 PM5/11/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeroen,

I've just checked and everything looks ok. Once you have signed up, login and at the top of the page, near the middle you should see a "create" button, just click that to add a new ticket.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Jeroen Knoef

May 11, 2015, 2:22:24 PM5/11/15