Issue with cacheput/cacheget

Patrick Heppler

Apr 28, 2015, 10:42:18 AM4/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
I have two websites running on Lucee 4.x. Each has it's own context in Tomcat.
Now it seems the cache is shared global. If site A does cacheput("hello","world") site B can cacheget("hello").
Is this a bug or misconfiguration?

Michael Offner

Apr 29, 2015, 6:54:15 AM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I'm not aware of a issue like this and I'm not familiar with your installation so it is hard to say.
What cache type do you use, use a other one for testing, for example "ram" then you know.

Micha

Gert Franz

Apr 29, 2015, 7:09:13 AM4/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Patrick,

Have you tried defining the cache in the server admin as well?
Then the cache is shared between the two sites.

Gert

Sent from somewhere on the road

Patrick Heppler

Apr 30, 2015, 7:40:55 AM4/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gert,
that was the issue. The default cache (RamCache) was defined in the server admin. I now defined a default cache for each context in the web admin.
But i think the default cache defined in the server admin should have some kind of mapping to the application to prevent this scenario.

Gert Franz

Apr 30, 2015, 12:27:18 PM4/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Well, no.

Since you define a cache with a name exactly for that purpose perhaps. And how else would you want to share keys between apps?

Sincerely
Gert Franz

RASIA GmbH

Spittelgasse 7