Who still configures contexts in the server.xml?

Scott Smith

Aug 18, 2015, 9:36:32 AM8/18/15
to lucee
I am curious if the majority of people using Lucee have transitioned away from this practice or not. Currently our contexts are still defined within the server.xml, but we noticed that the Tomcat documentation has been recommending against this since around Tomcat 5 or 6.

Tom Chiverton

Aug 18, 2015, 9:55:20 AM8/18/15
to Lucee
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 2:36:32 PM UTC+1, Scott Smith wrote:
I am curious if the majority of people using Lucee have transitioned away from this practice or not. Currently our contexts are still defined within the server.xml, but we noticed that the Tomcat documentation has been recommending against this since around Tomcat 5 or 6.

Not since we moved to Lucee from Railo, because the default install sets up mod_cfml.

Tom

Andrew Dixon

Aug 18, 2015, 10:08:20 AM8/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I'm still using it, only because the previous version on mod_cfml had issues when Tomcat was restarted, but these have been solved in the latest release I believe.

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Seb Duggan

Aug 18, 2015, 10:15:17 AM8/18/15
to Lucee
So what is the alternative method using mod_cfml? (Yes, I'm still using server.xml...)

- Seb

Scott Smith

Aug 18, 2015, 10:19:37 AM8/18/15
to lucee
There are two approaches the documentation now recommends. Here is a direct link to it:

Ryan Guill

Aug 19, 2015, 10:34:13 AM8/19/15
to Lucee
It looks like you can only configure contexts that way, not the hosts themselves? Am I reading that right? It'd be cool if we could have a separate xml for each host and its context.