lucee-aws - a set of CFCs to help you interact with AWS

Simon Hooker

Aug 25, 2015, 7:34:23 AM8/25/15
to Lucee
Hi all,

I've already been going on about this on the Slack channel and Twitter, and my blog (for the benefit of all the 5-10 people that've actually seen it) - so for the rest of you here's a heads up.  I've been working on some CFCs to help me interact with AWS for an internal mso project and got permission to reuse that code a week or so ago, and so here's the repo : https://github.com/mso-net/lucee-aws

There's blurb in the Readme.md as to how to get started as well as info on my blog ( www.strayegg.com/tag/lucee-aws/ ).  Soon I'll be starting work on fleshing out a gitbook ( http://mso.gitbooks.io/lucee-aws/content/ - currently empty ) with more structured documentation.

This can be installed via CommandBox ( box install mso-net/lucee-aws --production ) or just by copying down the files as per the instructions in Readme.md.

If there's anything that you would like adding, changing, fixing (if broken), or any questions please just ask away and I'll do my best to address them.  Better yet, chuck up an issue on the github repo ( https://github.com/mso-net/lucee-aws/issues/new ).  I was asked last night about adding in an SES integration, so 2 hours later there goes ses.cfc :)

Future plans (at time of writing)

- A custom resource provider to replace the Lucee S3ResourceProvider and so allow faster S3 mappings
- Maybe something that can generate an IAM policy structure for you, that might be nice
- I like the idea of SQS and Lambda so I'll be working a bit more on those
- OpsWorks integration could use some tests around it
- Document all the things

At the moment the following services have some support

- S3
- Route53
- OpsWorks
- Elastic Load Balancers (ELB)
- Simple Email Service (SES)
- Lambda
- DynamoDB

Michael van Leest

Aug 25, 2015, 8:08:30 AM8/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Nice! Great work.

There are some AWS cfc packages around, but most of them are outdated.
I'll make sure to have a look at them and see if I can add some code as well.

Mike

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Michael van Leest

Simon Hooker

Aug 25, 2015, 8:15:41 AM8/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I noticed that last night when looking at an SES integration which was, I think, using deprecated methods :)  Time to start fresh!

Kind Regards,

Simon

Simon Hooker
Head of Product Development

t. +44 (0)1474 704400
e. simon....@mso.net
w. mso.net

mso.net, The Old Granary, Malt House Farm, Green Street Green Road, Dartford, Kent DA2 8DX

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. The content does not necessarily represent the opinion of mso.net or any of its affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient(s), any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please notify us by e-mail postm...@mso.net or by telephone +44 (0)1474 704400
Online New Media t/as mso.net Registered in England No. 3824328. Registered office: The Old Granary, Malt House Farm, Green St Green Road. Dartford. Kent DA2 8DX
  Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.