Getting Time Zone Info

W. Williams

Nov 8, 2016, 1:25:37 PM11/8/16
to Lucee
We are trying to get all the Java Time Zone info.  We used the following and got the entire list:

<cfset variables.tzObj=createObject("java","java.util.TimeZone")>
<cfdump var="#tzObj.getAvailableIDs()#" />

1.  I'm wondering if someone can help me sort it by offset.  I want tit to look more like the one within the Lucee Server Admin / Regional / Time Zone dropdown.  2.  I was also wondering if anyone knows of a way that I can pass a TZ to a function and get the TZ abbreviation.  EXAMPLE:  Pass US/Central --->> CST

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Robert Munn

Nov 8, 2016, 3:56:40 PM11/8/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Here is the list with offsets added. I have also marked certain rows with display yes/no, which you can use to generate a generic list of world time zones:

tz.csv