Adding JAR libraries with multiple dependencies

Rupert Rawnsley

Jun 29, 2016, 8:38:28 AM6/29/16
to Lucee
I would like to use the AWS Java SDK library in my Lucee application. In Railo I dropped the .jar file and all it's 18 dependent .jar files in the WEB-INF/lib folder, but is there a better way in Lucee?

For instance, can I declare a dependency using Maven OSGi somewhere in my configuration files?

Mark Drew

Jun 29, 2016, 8:43:33 AM6/29/16
to lucee
Not really an answer here but if you are doing this I would suggest wrapping it up as an extension and then you can do something useful for the rest of the community as well as yourself.

You can then do tags/functions that call the api (as you are probably going to do so anyway!)

Here is a starter (not quite a tutorial) http://docs.lucee.org/guides/lucee-5/extensions.html

Regards
Mark Drew

--
Win a ticket to dev.objective from Lucee via Twitter, see http://bit.ly/1UbTMWj for details, good luck and see you there...

Rupert Rawnsley

Jun 30, 2016, 5:56:45 AM6/30/16
to Lucee
Thanks Mark. Bundling the libs and the tags together does make sense; I'll look to do this during my next refactoring cycle.