cfhttp clientcert using tls 1.2

mail...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2016, 2:23:39 AM2/26/16
to Lucee
Hi All

I have a case where I need to do a https call using a client cert, at first this did not work at all until I have across the below fix

https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-469

So I tried the same code on the latest beta (lucee-express-5.0.0.178-BETA.zip) this helped some however I have an issue with the tls version, the reply from the remote server is:
{ "error_name" : "outdated_tls", "error_advice": "We require the use of TLSv1.2 or greater for secure communication with our Real-time Listings Service. Your request used TLSv1" }

I tried adding this to JAVA_OPTS -Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.2 but it made no difference, is there another way to set the TLS version? the pull request in the above link seems to hard code the version at "TLSv1"

Regards

GX

Mark Drew

Feb 26, 2016, 7:05:34 AM2/26/16
to lucee
Upgrade the version of Java to 1.8 seems to be the common answer.

regards

Mark Drew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

mail...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2016, 8:56:44 AM2/26/16
to Lucee
Hi Mark

I upgreaded my java version and the results are the same
I ran the following to check the correct java is being used

<cfset sVars.info = CreateObject("java", "java.lang.System").getProperty("java.runtime.version") />

It shows version is definatley 1.8.0_73-b02

Regards

GX

mail...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2016, 9:29:14 AM2/26/16
to Lucee
another confusing this is the httpclinet library

the lucee 4.5 versions file states tghat
apache-jakarta-commons-httpclient.jar is version 3.0.1

the 5 beta jar filename is
commons-httpclient-3.1.jar

if I search google for "apache-jakarta-commons-httpclient" the first result is this page: http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/ this hst been updated since 2011 and has a notice

End of life

The Commons HttpClient project is now end of life, and is no longer being developed. It has been replaced by the Apache HttpComponents project in its HttpClient and HttpCore modules, which offer better performance and more flexibility.

the latest stable is 4.5 - what joy.I was looking for a example on how to make a request to a  https tls1.2 using a pkcs12 cert or a pem and crt file but most examples dont match the httpclient version they are more up to date

GX

Jonathan van Zuijlekom

Mar 1, 2016, 12:42:42 PM3/1/16
to Lucee

mail...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2016, 11:54:11 PM3/1/16
to Lucee
Thanks Jonathan, That's Great

If possible I would like to try either version too see if I can get this to work because now I am resorting to using command line curl.

GX

Jonathan van Zuijlekom

Mar 2, 2016, 6:20:19 AM3/2/16
to Lucee
Here is a patched 4.5.2.018. Just replace this in your lucee-server/patches folder and restart Lucee

mail...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2016, 6:54:32 AM3/2/16
to Lucee
Hi Jonathan