cfgrid issues

Paul Hopkinson

Oct 13, 2015, 6:15:29 AM10/13/15
to Lucee
Hi,

Having an issue with cfgrid but cannot seem to find a fix anywhere.

Our code is:-
<cfform>
 <cfgrid name="CFGridTest" query="Getusers">

  <cfgridcolumn name="UserName" header="UserName" width="250">
  <cfgridcolumn name="Email" header="Email" width="250">
  <cfgridcolumn name="UserID" display="no">
 </cfgrid>

    <cfinput type="submit" name="submit" class="SubmitButton" id="submit" value="Go live">
</cfform>

Running that produces the following error:-

Error Occurred While Processing Request

tag grid is not supported

The error occurred inE:\Domains\xxxxxx\wwwroot\flint.cfm: line 2

1: <cfform>
2:  <cfgrid name="CFGridTest" query="Getusers">
3:
4:  <cfgridcolumn name="UserName" header="UserName" width="250">

Any thoughts?

Paul

Paul Klinkenberg

Oct 13, 2015, 6:21:11 AM10/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Sorry for kicking the open door, but have you read the error message? "Tag grid is not supported". And that's what it is.
The tag is one of the frontend tags that Adobe Coldfusion created, and Lucee/Railo decided to not implement.

Kind regards,

Paul Klinkenberg

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Paul Hopkinson

Oct 13, 2015, 6:29:11 AM10/13/15
to Lucee
Really?

http://docs.lucee.org/reference/tags/grid.html

Seems to be in the documentation....

If we take off the name attribute then it displays an error saying 'attribute name must be present in cfgrid' - which implies Lucee does know about cfgrid

Paul

Paul Hopkinson

Oct 13, 2015, 6:42:57 AM10/13/15
to Lucee
just spoke to Gert Franz and it does indeed appear to be true that even though the documentation is there cfgrid is NOT supported in Lucee

Paul Klinkenberg

Oct 13, 2015, 8:17:27 AM10/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Wow, 3 Pauls in one conversation :-D

Paul #1, I knew Lucee, and Railo before that, was against supporting the frontend tags in it's core. As far as I know, the Lucee docs are created by looking at the documentation inside the Lucee core code, so there should be a grid java component.
It had already been added in the initial commit, but has consistently had the "not supported" error, as can be seen at the link above (version 3.1).

The Lucee docs site could be improved, by checking if a tag is actually supported, and if not, it should not show documentation, imho.

Kind regards,

Paul Klinkenberg

Op 13 okt. 2015, om 12:42 heeft Paul Hopkinson <flint...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

just spoke to Gert Franz and it does indeed appear to be true that even though the documentation is there cfgrid is NOT supported in Lucee

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Paul Klinkenberg

Oct 13, 2015, 8:18:00 AM10/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Oow, oops, just 2 Pauls. My bad :-/

Andrew Dixon

Oct 13, 2015, 8:25:19 AM10/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've added a ticket for this already:

Kind regards,

Andrew

Terry Whitney

Nov 4, 2015, 12:10:41 PM11/4/15
to Lucee
My only thoughts on this are from a pure business point,

It would be wise for Lucee to support the various tags ACF does not support.

Face it, its one more thumbs up for Lucee, and as ACF continues its destructive track down turning CFML into python,  the Lucee Group has a real chance of picking up customers and expanding its base.

Not saying all tags should be fully supported, but if it can, it should as its one less hassle / headache for porting an application from an expensive ACF install to a opensource install that the Lucee Group could offer paid support options for.

While it may seem trivial for many veteran programmers to not want to use old tags,  for the organizations that simply do not want to re-code an application yet want the security they had in the past, this would be their silver bullet.

Michael van Leest

Nov 4, 2015, 1:19:54 PM11/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
@Terry: I understand your point. But IMHO adding and supporting tags that aren't that well maintained within ACF anyway, is a lot of workload that can be used much better to make Lucee a solid engine. Adding extra stuff like cfgrid is more a add-on/plugin kind of product/service that other companies/developers can provide using the core engine and external projects.

The focus should be core service, not plugins (at least until a solid 5.0 release).

Mike

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Michael van Leest

Mike Henson

Nov 5, 2015, 9:02:26 AM11/5/15
to Lucee
I have always been all for complete compatibility with ACF. However, this is one area that I think Lucee made the correct decision to deviate from ACF. Hopefully ACF will break these tags in some upcoming version.