Lucee now available on TryCF

Abram Adams

Feb 12, 2015, 2:11:57 AM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hey All, just wanted to put the word out that Lucee is now available at trycf.com!

Some may not know this, but you can switch the cfml engine at trycf a couple different ways:
  1. Below the editor box click the cog/gear.  That pops up a dialog which allows you to switch the editor theme as well as the engine (ACF 10, Railo 4.2 and Lucee 4.5).  Unfortunately at this point the change is only for the current page.  If you reload the page or navigate away it does not persist.
  2. When pulling in a gist or pastebin you can suffix the url with /lucee (or /railo or /acf) to dictate which engine is selected by default.  So if you create a gist, and the gist ID is e2a0ad2ecc6c19f9ec57 you can do:
    http://trycf.com/gist/e2a0ad2ecc6c19f9ec57/lucee
    to force it to the Lucee engine.
If pasetbin is your thing, use the same technique only replace /gist/ with /pastebin/

Igal @ Lucee.org

Feb 12, 2015, 2:27:06 AM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
nice! :)

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Mark Drew

Feb 12, 2015, 2:28:30 AM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
That is awesome work sir!!!

Mark Drew

Igal @ Lucee.org

Feb 12, 2015, 2:29:06 AM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
LOL @ "Lucee, I'm Home!"

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Dave Merrill

Feb 12, 2015, 7:46:30 AM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Very cool!

Can I make a tiny suggestion: Honor Ctrl-Enter in the code area to Run the code. Really common "submit" convention, handy, many people are used to it in other contexts.

Risto

Feb 12, 2015, 10:06:33 AM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Wow, trycf is awesome!

Mark Drew

Feb 12, 2015, 10:09:47 AM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
+1000

Mark Drew

On 12 Feb 2015, at 15:06, Risto <ck.web...@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow, trycf is awesome!

Andrew Dixon

Feb 12, 2015, 10:22:45 AM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Good stuff... maybe we could look at getting something like this onto the lucee.org site, like the Go Lang site has, so people get a "give it a try" option... "Powered by trycf.com"!!!

Kind regards,

Andrew

Michael Offner

Feb 12, 2015, 10:36:55 AM2/12/15
to lucee
we are working out code samples to but on the website, so cftry is definitely a option for that

Micha

Mark Drew

Feb 12, 2015, 11:02:20 AM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
+googolplex!

That would be über epic.

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver
http://charliemikedelta.com

Abram Adams

Feb 12, 2015, 2:26:18 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Can I make a tiny suggestion: Honor Ctrl-Enter in the code area to Run the code. Really common "submit" convention, handy, many people are used to it in other contexts.

Good suggestion.  I've added that key binding (command+enter for mac users <= not tested,  I can't afford a mac :)

Sean Corfield

Feb 12, 2015, 2:58:29 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 12, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Abram Adams <cfxc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good suggestion. I've added that key binding (command+enter for mac users <= not tested, I can't afford a mac :)

It works! Wonderful! Thank you!

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

dev.Objective() - Developing Apps, Developing Skills, Developing Community
-- May 12-15, 2015 - Bloomington, MN - http://devobjective.com

Abram Adams

Feb 12, 2015, 3:05:55 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I also added Ctr+S (Command+S) to save as a Gist.  This returns a url that you can copy or click to open the gist in trycf (i.e. for sharing).  One thing to note is that the url provided will remember your cfml engine, so select Lucee before saving to create a url which will force lucee as the engine.

Sean Corfield

Feb 12, 2015, 3:07:47 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
It would be real nice if…

…you could select your default preferred engine and have it saved as a cookie so it would remember for future visits! :)

Sean

Michael Offner

Feb 12, 2015, 3:09:31 PM2/12/15
to lucee
we will add code examples in a carusel on the homepage linked to cftry, but we need your examples!

As short and as cool as possible, here is my first (cf)try:

Abram Adams

Feb 12, 2015, 3:15:32 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's on the todo list.  I've got a little bandwidth today so will see about adding it.

Michael Offner

Feb 12, 2015, 3:18:55 PM2/12/15
to lucee
could we integrate it in the lucee.org website (via js for example)? Of course with the proper credits!

Micha

Abram Adams

Feb 12, 2015, 4:00:43 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  I've done this already with cfdocs.org (though pull request not yet accepted).  It's fairly simple to implement (it's an angularjs directive).  Just a hand full of js/css deps and you use the directive like a custom tag.  See https://github.com/foundeo/cfdocs/pull/44

Abram Adams

Feb 12, 2015, 4:03:27 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

AJ Mercer

Feb 12, 2015, 9:39:43 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Igal @ Lucee.org

Feb 12, 2015, 10:13:13 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
a somewhat simpler example, inspired by the numberFormat(n, 'roman') [for which I've never had a use for before...]

Which SuperBowl is it...?
http://trycf.com/gist/08874b5dc6d809b02c07/lucee

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Bob Dronski

Feb 12, 2015, 10:49:42 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
...Except that the NFL announced that they will use the standard digits for the next year and go back to LI the year after that.  I guess 1 roman numeral was too boring for them!

bob

Igal @ Lucee.org

Feb 12, 2015, 10:59:11 PM2/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
can't blame them, seemed a little boring to me too.

but then I thought it can be L for Lucee ;)

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org