Lucee 5 RC, Couchbase Jars

Tim Meade

Mar 23, 2016, 6:02:45 PM3/23/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Long time CF, railo, lucee 4.5 shop here.    We use lucee 4.5 in production.

We finally spun up a lucee 5 rc today and it looks pretty good.   The biggest issue appears to be where do we put the couchbase jars?  In lucee 4.5 we just put them in /opt/lucee/lib and rebooted and had access to the objects no problem.    That is not working on the 5 RC.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Tim

Jordan Michaels

Mar 23, 2016, 7:12:52 PM3/23/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

The line that loads the jars located in the [lucee install]/lib/ directory hasn't changed between 4 and 5. You can see for yourself inside the catalina.properties file:

common.loader="${catalina.base}/lib","${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar","${catalina.base}/lib","${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar","${catalina.home}/../lib/*.jar"

The last bit "${catalina.home}/../lib/*.jar", should be what loads the jar files in that directory for both 4 (where dependencies were separate) and 5 (where they're bundled). Dropping your own jars in there should also add them as common-classes. Hmm, I wonder if the difference you're seeing is the difference between ${catalina.base} and ${catalina.home}? Though the values should be identical unless you specifically changed them?

According to the catalina.sh file (where they're set):

# CATALINA_HOME May point at your Catalina "build" directory.
#
# CATALINA_BASE (Optional) Base directory for resolving dynamic portions
# of a Catalina installation. If not present, resolves to
# the same directory that CATALINA_HOME points to.

Have you customized your setenv.sh file or setclasspath.sh files at all?

You could also see if dropping your jars into /tomcat/lib/ works, which is where "${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar" loads them up. Would be extremely odd if that way worked at the other didn't though. Worth a shot I guess.

Hope this helps.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Tim Meade

Mar 24, 2016, 8:35:26 AM3/24/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jordan,

I tried the other folder. Did not seem to make a difference. WE'll do some more in depth debugging today to see what has changed

Tim