Lucee 5 extensions

AJ Mercer

Oct 18, 2015, 9:26:54 PM10/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Can some one point me to how to build extensions for Lucee 5
This is all I have found so far

I would like to know how to package tags/functions

Andrew Dixon

Oct 19, 2015, 3:42:36 AM10/19/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi AJ,

Not sure how much help this is, but it is some info:

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Mark Drew

Oct 19, 2015, 3:56:59 AM10/19/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I just built an extension, I shall try and post some info later today

Mark Drew
- Sent by typing with my thumbs.

chris....@liquifusion.com

Dec 21, 2015, 4:12:38 PM12/21/15
to Lucee
Is anyone able to post some example code or information about this?

We'd like to run an admin-less version of Lucee 5 in Docker, but not being able to automatically package extensions like cfspreadsheet is a huge roadblock for us. We don't want to have to log in to the admin to install extensions after every Docker image build.

If someone can help educate me about how to setup a Lucee 5 extension, I'd be glad to fork and Lucee-5-ize the cfspreadsheet-lucee extension:
https://github.com/Leftbower/cfspreadsheet-lucee

Andrew Dixon

Dec 21, 2015, 4:44:08 PM12/21/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Don't know if this is any help at all, but for a Lucee 5 extension you simply copy it to the "deploy" folder in the Lucee 5 install directory (for me it is /usr/share/tomcat8/lucee/lucee-server/deploy/) and then start Lucee and it gets deployed automatically. I'm not 100% sure but it might also do this while Lucee 5 is running as well.

With regards to building an extension the best I can do is point you in the direction of the Lucee 5 extensions that Micha has already built, which are all on the Lucee Github account, for example:

and so on. Maybe you can figure out from the structure and source of these what you would need to change to get the cfspreadsheet-lucee extension working as a Lucee 5 extension.

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

chris....@liquifusion.com

Dec 22, 2015, 11:11:59 AM12/22/15
to Lucee
Exactly the sort of information that I was looking for, especially the example extensions. Thank you, Andrew.

If anyone else has any specifics on how this all works, can you share? We really should work on getting this into the documentation site.

Andrew Dixon

Dec 22, 2015, 2:52:53 PM12/22/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

That reminds me, there is a little bit already there that Micha wrote:

Kind regards,

Andrew