Lucee Express Jetty 9 Available

melinite (David S)

Feb 8, 2015, 3:11:19 PM2/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Raymond Camden

Feb 8, 2015, 3:32:58 PM2/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Dumb question, but what is this? I assume it isn't Luccee itself, but something else, hence the Jetty? Can you describe what this release means?

melinite (David S)

Feb 8, 2015, 3:48:08 PM2/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Lucee on top of Jetty 9, using jetty-runner to deploy. Very simple for those wanting a simple download, unpack and click install to get started. Similar to the current tomcat express. Having a java environment is the only dependency.

A few were asking about jetty express editions vs the current tomcat express.

Also I am going to be dockerizing a few other containers. Jetty 9 full server is availbe.

Raymond Camden

Feb 8, 2015, 3:51:41 PM2/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Ah, so it is on Luccee on top of Jetty, not Tomcat. Thanks.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/dc6ca22f-b29b-4617-94ba-6b564001e4d5%40googlegroups.com.

Raymond Camden, Web Standards Evangelist

Email : raymon...@gmail.com
Blog : www.raymondcamden.com
Twitter: raymondcamden

melinite (David S)

Feb 8, 2015, 5:10:05 PM2/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ray thanks for your question. My response actually reminded me to create bundled jre versions that Micha was wanting. This completely eliminates any external dependencies to get Lucee running.

Just added JRE bundled lucee jetty express editions. Only x64 supported.
Download, unpack, run the according lucee_start_jre script.

Kai Koenig

Feb 8, 2015, 5:19:54 PM2/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
See, that’s awesome!

Now, if all those bundles David has created (and others) were linked on a “Lucee community-provided bundle download” page (or similarly named, but you get the idea), it’d be very clear which builds are done by the Lucee organisation and which ones are not.

Cheers
Kai

Raymond Camden

Feb 8, 2015, 5:34:55 PM2/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Plus one to the idea of a page of links for stuff like this AND perhaps done text explaining the why. For folks using ACF used to a basic installer they make not know why Tomcat vs Jetty matters.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.

AJ Mercer

Mar 4, 2015, 1:42:12 AM3/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
for windows version, can you set
useFileMappedBuffer = false
so files do not get locked

AJ Mercer

Mar 4, 2015, 2:28:29 AM3/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
any one know how to get Jetty (runner??) to support this URI ( starts with // )
or is this a dud URL

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//ionic/css/ionic.min.css">
<script src="//ionic/js/ionic.bundle.min.js"></script>
<script src="//pages-data.js"></script>

Pete Freitag

Mar 4, 2015, 11:22:17 AM3/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:28 AM, AJ Mercer <ajme...@gmail.com> wrote:
any one know how to get Jetty (runner??) to support this URI ( starts with // )
or is this a dud URL

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//ionic/css/ionic.min.css">
<script src="//ionic/js/ionic.bundle.min.js"></script>
<script src="//pages-data.js"></script>

Are you trying to do a protocol relative URL? If so you still need the host in there, eg: //example.com/foo.js or //localhost/foo.js and there wouldn't be anything in jetty that would prevent that from working because the browser does the work of requesting the canonical URL based on the scheme of the document.

--
Pete Freitag
http://foundeo.com/ - ColdFusion Consulting & Products

AJ Mercer

Mar 4, 2015, 7:30:50 PM3/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
yeah - that is what I was wondering.
This is how the project came out of github

Guess i will have to do some search and replace work

David Seong

Mar 4, 2015, 8:26:36 PM3/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
ionic has its own build process through nodejs. You should check that. I think you are missing a build step.
Below looks like the original template. I can see where the double // are coming from. But Peter is also right in that // in URI's are purposed for adopting the protocol schema when URI start with them.

Also I have a patch for the jetty9-runner on windows with file locking. I'm just debating whether to patch the runner itself manually from maven src or release with just a simple xml config drop in replacement.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$ demoFolderPrefix $}/{$ version.current.folder $}/ionic/css/ionic.min.css">
<script src="{$ demoFolderPrefix $}/{$ version.current.folder $}/ionic/js/ionic.bundle.min.js"></script>
<script src="{$ demoFolderPrefix $}/{$ version.current.folder $}/pages-data.js"></script>

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.

melinite (David S)

Mar 5, 2015, 3:34:40 PM3/5/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
AJ,

I have patched and compile jetty runner with option to disable file memory mapping. All that is required is to replace the original jetty-runner.jar,bat and sh files.
The windows batch file by default will disable file map buffering issue. Linux envs don't have this issue.

New Release Packages:
windows

linux