cfldap and ssl

Charles Heizer

Feb 17, 2015, 11:41:57 AM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Is cfldap using secure functional? I'm trying a quick test which works in OpenBD but I keep getting a error saying "The Error Occurred in line 14" ... secure="CFSSL_BASIC"

Thanks,
Charles

Robert Munn

Feb 17, 2015, 2:08:43 PM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I am using cfldap with cfssl_basic and have no problems on Lucee.

Robert Munn

Feb 17, 2015, 2:19:36 PM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
FYI, on a clean install on my dev system I had to import the self-signed SSL cert for my dev LDAP instance into the cacerts file that Lucee uses.

Charles Heizer

Feb 23, 2015, 2:15:33 PM2/23/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. I did not try the cacerts file. In OpenBD, and this is not an OpenBD thing but via Tomcat I use the

CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/certStore"

Is the cacerts different than the javax.net.ssl.trustStore?

Thanks,
Charlie

Robert Munn

Feb 23, 2015, 2:43:35 PM2/23/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
The default keystore in Lucee is here:

./WEB-INF/lib/lucee-server/context/security/cacerts

You should not need to define it in CATALINA_OPTS. Just use keytool to import the certificates you need the application to trust.

Charles Heizer

Feb 23, 2015, 4:44:49 PM2/23/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! Thank you, it now works fine!

By any chance is there a config to reference a different cacerts file?

Thanks,
Charlie

denstar

Feb 23, 2015, 9:58:50 PM2/23/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On 2/23/15 2:44 PM, Charles Heizer wrote:
> Sweet! Thank you, it now works fine!
>
> By any chance is there a config to reference a different cacerts file?

File a ticket for it, por favor-- that should be an easy one.

I don't know if these ever got added, but they'd be swell to have as well:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/net/doc-files/net-properties.html

Mainly http.proxyHost and http.proxyPort I think, and it's been years
since I checked, so they might be in there already, but it came to mind,
since they're handy props too.

FWIW a quick grep didn't see 'em being read anywhere.

-Den

Jamie Jackson

Feb 26, 2015, 11:32:17 AM2/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Let's not forget the cute GUI cert installer in the server admin: Server Admin > Services > SSL Certificates

(I only learned about it a couple days ago.)

Robert Munn

Feb 28, 2015, 9:26:42 PM2/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

In my case I needed to import a self-signed cert manually because the name does not resolve correctly.  I think that is a common enough problem that it would be useful for the import function to have a way to upload a cert file.

AJ Mercer

Apr 15, 2015, 11:58:38 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Can the Lucee Admin SSL installer handled wildcard self-signed certificates?

I keep keep this error (in Lucee [5 express with jre1.8.0_40], Railo 4.2 and ACF 8)
cfhttp
Struct
charset
string
errordetail
stringUnknown host: peer not authenticated
filecontent
stringConnection Failure
header
string
mimetype
stringUnable to determine MIME type of file.
responseheader
Struct
statuscode
stringConnection Failure. Status code unavailable.
text
booleantrue

SSL Certificates from host tyrion.tradecentre.io

SubjectIssuer
EMAILADDRESS=cr...@lwl.com, CN=*.tradecentre.io, OU=Technology, O=LWL Pty Ltd, L=Perth, ST=Western Australia, C=AUEMAILADDRESS=cr...@lwl.com, CN=*.tradecentre.io, OU=Technology, O=LWL Pty Ltd, L=Perth, ST=Western Australia, C=AU

Robert Munn

Apr 16, 2015, 12:52:15 AM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
It should be able to handle self-signed certs. You will need to add the certificate authority for your self-signed cert to the Java trusted certificate authority store, so you need to import the public certificate chain for the ca that signed the cert into cacerts.

AJ Mercer

Apr 16, 2015, 1:45:10 AM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I think the issue is with the wildcard certificate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/6B9FD223-E5F9-4E61-ACD1-F0C29FECA85F%40gmail.com.

Robert Munn

Apr 16, 2015, 2:34:10 AM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I may give this a go and see what I can do with it. I’ll let you know.

Robert