Fusebox?

Bill Foresman

Apr 10, 2015, 9:16:28 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
With railo there was an app that we needed to install so is there one for Lucee?

Bill Foresman

Apr 10, 2015, 9:18:37 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I should have added the error:

missing include

the file is present and this works on CF...

Nando Breiter

Apr 10, 2015, 9:21:29 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
To run Fusebox??? Which version are you referring to?

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Bill Foresman <bi...@foresman.com> wrote:
With railo there was an app that we needed to install so is there one for Lucee?

Nando Breiter

Apr 10, 2015, 9:22:02 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
You should add the full error message and stack trace ...

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Bill Foresman

Apr 10, 2015, 9:24:45 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Lucee 4.5.1.003
Fusebox 4

Bill Foresman

Apr 10, 2015, 9:55:08 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Lucee 4.5.1.003 Error (missinginclude)
MessagePage ../../../:/www/entry/errors/fusebox.missingParsedFile.cfm [C:\www\entr\..\..\..\:\www\entry\errors\fusebox.missingParsedFile.cfm] not found
StacktraceThe Error Occurred in
C:\www\entry\core\fusebox\fuseboxApplication.cfc: line 541
539: <cfinclude template="#__errorFile#" />
540: <cfelse>
541: <cfinclude template="#getCoreToAppRootPath()##__errorFile#" />
542: </cfif>
543: <cfset __handled = true />

called from C:\www\entr\core\fusebox\fusebox5.cfm: line 205
called from C:\www\entry\index.cfm: line 9
Java StacktracePage ../../../:/www/entry/errors/fusebox.missingParsedFile.cfm [C:\www\entr\..\..\..\:\www\entr\errors\fusebox.missingParsedFile.cfm] not found
  at lucee.runtime.PageSourceImpl.loadPage(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(Unknown Source):-1
  at core.fusebox.fuseboxapplication_cfc$cf.udfCall2(C:\www\entry\core\fusebox\fuseboxApplication.cfc:541):541
  at core.fusebox.fuseboxapplication_cfc$cf.udfCall(C:\www\entry\core\fusebox\fuseboxApplication.cfc):-1
  at lucee.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(Unknown Source):-1
  at core.fusebox.fusebox5_cfm$cf.call(C:\www\entrym\core\fusebox\fusebox5.cfm:205):205
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(Unknown Source):-1
  at index_cfm$cf.call(C:\www\entry\index.cfm:9):9
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.listener.ClassicAppListener._onRequest(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onRequest(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(Unknown Source):-1
  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727):727
  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303):303
  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208):208
  at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52):52
  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241):241
  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208):208
  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220):220
  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122):122
  at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:504):504
  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170):170
  at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103):103
  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116):116
  at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:421):421
  at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:190):190
  at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:611):611
  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314):314
  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145):1145
  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615):615
  at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61):61
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745):745

Timestamp4/10/15 9:51:56 AM EDT

Bill Foresman

Nando Breiter

Apr 10, 2015, 10:16:38 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
[C:\www\entr\..\..\..\:\www\entr\errors\fusebox.missingParsedFile.cfm] not found

That's odd. There's a colon in the path, and it seems obviously incorrect.

I'm sure you know how to debug errors like this, but what does the code look like on and around

C:\www\entry\core\fusebox\fuseboxApplication.cfc line 541

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Bill Foresman

Apr 10, 2015, 10:34:41 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
And of course it's not my code and I agree the colon shouldn't be there.

Bill Foresman

Apr 10, 2015, 10:37:07 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
<cfif __handlerExists>
<cfif left(__errorFile,1) is "/">
<cfinclude template="#__errorFile#" />
<cfelse>
<cfinclude template="#getCoreToAppRootPath()##__errorFile#" />
</cfif>
<cfset __handled = true />
</cfif>

Nando Breiter

Apr 10, 2015, 10:39:54 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
And what does getCoreToAppRootPath() look like in fuseboxApplication.cfc ?

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Bill Foresman

Apr 10, 2015, 10:42:48 AM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
and the search for the needle commences:

<cffunction name="getCoreToAppRootPath" returntype="any" access="public" output="false"
hint="I am a convenience method to return the relative path from the core files to the application root.">

Nando Breiter

Apr 10, 2015, 12:19:36 PM4/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I give up.

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Peter Boughton

Apr 11, 2015, 8:25:24 AM4/11/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
> Fusebox 4

Fusebox 5 has been out since 2006.

Why are you upgrading your CFML engine without upgrading your framework?

Sean Corfield

Apr 13, 2015, 1:55:12 PM4/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Bill, do you have your application spread across multiple drives? Or is it all on your C: drive?

Do you have drive specifiers in any of your Fusebox configuration?

Sean

Sean Corfield

Apr 13, 2015, 1:58:36 PM4/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
And Fusebox has had any new releases since March 2008 -- over seven years ago -- so you could reasonably ask why he isn't migrating to a framework that is actually maintained :)

I think migrating a legacy app from Railo to Lucee is a perfectly reasonable exercise and expecting no changes to the code.

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

Adam Cameron

Apr 13, 2015, 5:15:39 PM4/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
It looks to me like you've got some path or other set incorrectly in your config, or you've got a mapping wrong or something.

That's usually what causes Fusebox errors along these lines.

--
Adam

Brad Wood

Apr 13, 2015, 5:47:59 PM4/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I got FuseBox running on Railo back when I wrote this blog series (which might come in handy :):

I was able to get it running but I had to fiddle with some looping code that builds up a path.  I think it's basically trying to figure out the root path to your site.  I think it was some differences either in how CF 4 or 5 worked, but it might have been as simple as the wrong kind of slash.  If you put some debugging in that method you can probably figure out what needs to change.

Thanks!

~Brad

Peter Boughton

Apr 13, 2015, 5:55:22 PM4/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Sean wrote:
> ... you could reasonably ask why he isn't migrating to a framework
> that is actually maintained

The answer almost certainly being "requires changing too much code".

Fusebox 5 is backwards compatible with 4 - it should just be updating
where the mapping points.

> I think migrating a legacy app from Railo to Lucee is a perfectly
> reasonable exercise and expecting no changes to the code.

I never said otherwise, but as above the same is true for Fusebox.

There have been people migrating FB5 apps to Lucee, and being on the
same FB version makes it more likely that any problems (and thus
solutions) are the same.

Bill Foresman

Apr 15, 2015, 10:11:46 AM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
this one is inherited and the original developer is long gone. It's all on C btw

Sean Corfield

Apr 15, 2015, 12:28:49 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 15, 2015, at 7:11 AM, Bill Foresman <bi...@foresman.com> wrote:
> this one is inherited and the original developer is long gone. It's all on C btw

OK, that eliminates path problems due to cross-drive setup (there have been bugs reported in several libraries and frameworks due to mishandling that over the years).

So my "vote" would be either:

* A bug in Lucee’s path handling compared to Railo/ACF
* A bug in FB4’s path handling that only surfaces on Lucee (due to a poor assumption in the FB4 code)

So you could try FB5.5 and see whether that makes it better or worse (it might solve the second issue but may of course introduce other compatibility problems). Or you could stay on Railo/ACF for this app. Given that’s an old, legacy app, keeping it on an old, legacy engine may make more sense anyway…

Bill Foresman

Apr 15, 2015, 12:30:12 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
this site didn't work on Railo either...

Sean Corfield

Apr 15, 2015, 12:42:20 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 15, 2015, at 9:29 AM, Bill Foresman <bi...@foresman.com> wrote:
> this site didn't work on Railo either…

Ah, then I’ll revise my "vote" to:

> * A bug in Railo/Lucee’s path handling compared to ACF
> * A bug in FB4’s path handling that only surfaces on Railo/Lucee (due to a poor assumption in the FB4 code)

So your choices would then become:

* Try FB5.5 (on ACF first — to see if your app is compatible)
* Stay with ACF / FB4

If moving to FB5.5 is possible for your app on ACF, then try your app with FB5.5 on Lucee.

Bill Foresman

Apr 15, 2015, 12:43:53 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
How do I update to 5.5 and what is ACF?

Sean Corfield

Apr 15, 2015, 12:46:40 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 15, 2015, at 9:43 AM, Bill Foresman <bi...@foresman.com> wrote:
How do I update to 5.5 and what is ACF?

Google turned up this article (I’ve no idea how accurate it is);

There may also be useful information on the Fusebox web site itself.

ACF = Adobe ColdFusion.

Sean Corfield

Apr 15, 2015, 12:48:30 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I should also note that:

* I haven’t touched FB at all since I stepped down as project lead seven years ago (the last time a new release appeared).
* You might get better answers regarding FB on the fusebox5 mailing list (which I can no longer remember is on Yahoo! or Google Groups).

Sean

Bill Foresman

Apr 15, 2015, 12:49:34 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I had already move back to CF and now I have Lucee interfering in it. I've uninstalled Lucee and get this after installing CF:

Welcome to your Lucee Installation!

You are now successfully running Lucee

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

Element LUCEE.VERSION is undefined in SERVER.

Resources:
  • Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
  • Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
  • Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.118 Safari/537.36
Remote Address  73.28.53.29
Referrer
Date/Time  15-Apr-15 12:44 PM

Sean Corfield

Apr 15, 2015, 1:00:37 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you left the Lucee index.cfm page in place?

Sean

Bill Foresman

Apr 15, 2015, 1:05:18 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
uninstalled and thought I had removed all dir's. Where would that be and why wouldn't CF overwrite it?

Bill Foresman

Apr 15, 2015, 1:12:38 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Any idea how to fix this. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the same results. Fun, fun, fun.

Nando Breiter

Apr 15, 2015, 1:29:04 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Enable Robust Exception Information on ACF and it will indicate the path to the file that is throwing this error. You do this by logging into the admin panel and finding the checkbox that says Enable Robust Exception Information, select it, and save the change. Then go to the same URL that produces this error.

Sharing much more complete information when asking questions might also help. When I have to debug an error, I need to look at all details. Without them, a developer can only make guesses, and guesses won't help you very much.

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Sean Coyne

Apr 16, 2015, 9:43:20 AM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
The CF or Lucee installers are not going to modify YOUR code.  Clearly your code has a reference to server.lucee.version somewhere, which will not exist if you're running on ACF.

Bill Foresman

Apr 16, 2015, 9:46:14 AM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
That was on the default site so it's ok. All good on the install of CF but I would like to get this site onto Lucee. For some reason it adds a ":" to the URL. Other fusebox sites run fine on Lucee except this one.

Adam Cameron

Apr 16, 2015, 9:53:29 AM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On 16 April 2015 at 14:45, Bill Foresman <bi...@foresman.com> wrote:
That was on the default site so it's ok. All good on the install of CF but I would like to get this site onto Lucee. For some reason it adds a ":" to the URL. Other fusebox sites run fine on Lucee except this one.

You need to do some troubleshooting of your own, Bill. It's not "for some reason", it'll be doing it for a very precise reason. Fortunately you have all the logic as to how this is coming to pass sitting in front of you! You need to look @ the code and how it's building that path and then identify where it's going wrong. Then when you've isolated the preicse bit of code which behaves differently on CF than it is on Railo/Lucee, come back and ask about that.

This isn't the right forum to be asking for help with a Fusebox install. However it is the forum to ask for help in difference between ColdFusion's and Lucee's CFML implementations.

You really also ought to read these:

And these (which are also discussed in the articles above):

--
Adam

Chris Schmitz

Apr 17, 2015, 8:59:47 AM4/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

> That was on the default site so it's ok. All good on the install of CF but I would like to get this site onto Lucee. For some reason it adds a ":" to the URL. Other fusebox sites run fine on Lucee except this one.

first of all, you are already running Fusebox 5. The file that throws the error (fuseboxApplication.cfc) didn't exist in FB4.

That being said, I did a quick test and ported a legacy FB app to Lucee and ran into the same error. Some quick debugging showed that the approotpath was using \ instead of the / as a delimiter.

Iin FB5 the approotpath is calculated using the function getCanonicalPath(). ACF does not know this function, but FB5 does have a UDF for this which replaces all occurrences of \ with / (which works on all OSs).

Railo/Lucee on the other hand do have a built in function getCanonicalPath() which does NOT replace the back slashes.

As a quick fix, do a search and replace on the complete fusebox5 directory. Replace all occurrences of "getCanonicalPath" with "getCanonicalPath_UDF" (or whatever name you would like, just make sure you are not using a built in function name). That makes sure that the UDF is called no matter what app server.

This raises another issue though. ACF does not allow the declaration of UDFs with the name of a built in function. Lucee on the other hand does. Shouldn't Lucee throw an error here? Or is there a setting that I missed which allows for this?

Cheers

Chris

Julian Halliwell

Apr 17, 2015, 9:27:18 AM4/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Phillip Vector

Jun 9, 2015, 12:18:10 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I've been looking hard at this issue and it still doesn't run even though I ran the path through a variety of filters like these.
    <cfset relative = replace(relative,"//","/","all") />
    <cfset relative = replace(relative,"\/","/","all") />
    <cfset relative = replace(relative,"\","/","all") />

I'm still getting...

../../../../:/Lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/Ubersite/

It seems to me that the /:/ is messing things up, but all my efforts to find out where the path is first being set up are coming up fruitless. Any ideas?

Bill Foresman

Jun 9, 2015, 1:25:38 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

I have the same problem with no resolution either

rrho...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2015, 2:00:11 PM6/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I have several fb4 and fb5 sites running fine on both Railo and Lucee.

Here's something to note though:  Railo/Lucee and Fusebox each have their own getCanonicalPath() function, but they each return very different results.  So to get FB sites to run on Railo/Lucee, you need to rename FB's getCanonicalPath() function to soemthing esle - I used getFbCanonicalPath() - and then search and update all references to that function.

Then, stop Railo/Lucee, delete your parsed and web-inf directories, restart Railo/Lucee and start your sites.

Hope that helps.

-RR

Phillip Vector

Jun 10, 2015, 2:12:14 PM6/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Holly s**t... That worked! THANK YOU! :)

I guess I didn't delete the Web-inf. I didn't think I needed to (or that I could).

Igal @ Lucee.org

Jun 10, 2015, 2:34:47 PM6/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I didn't test it (never used Fusebox myself), but I proposed a patch based on this information at:
https://github.com/fusebox-framework/Fusebox-ColdFusion/pull/12/files

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Phillip Vector

Jun 10, 2015, 2:37:40 PM6/10/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe Fusebox is being worked on anymore.

But yeah. Thanks for getting the info out there. I can't tell you how long I've been pulling my hair out over this.

Scott Smith

Aug 27, 2015, 4:25:20 PM8/27/15
to Lucee
I know this was from months ago, but I wanted say thanks for this find. I just migrated our server to Lucee and we have one rogue app still on fusebox5.  I am currently rewriting it, but I still needed to run for another month or two while I complete the project. My fix for this was just to find the non-qualified calls to getCanonicalPath (the calls on the same components as the UDF definition), and replace them with "this.getCanonicalPath".  Anyway, thanks this was a huge time saver for me!

Dan Baughman

Mar 25, 2016, 1:27:32 PM3/25/16
to Lucee, vec...@mostdeadlygame.com

Yeah that worked, awesome, thanks. I realize its old stuff but I have legacy apps I don't want to rewrite.