Anyone using IntelliJ IDEA for Lucee coding?

Andrew Dixon

Sep 7, 2015, 9:52:25 AM9/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Is anyone using IntelliJ IDEA for Lucee coding? I've just started to evaluate it and whilst the CFML plugin seems pretty good I'm getting it reporting lots of coding errors, where there are none, particularly with script. Also it doesn't appear to include some of the Railo/Lucee specific script functions like dump(), echo(), etc... so it often tries to autocomplete these to other things. Couple of questions:

1) Are there any particular settings I should change from the defaults to make coding in Lucee a bit easier, e.g. to stop it autocompleting to the wrong things, etc...

2) Is there anyway to add in the missing functions, etc...?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Paul Klinkenberg

Sep 7, 2015, 3:19:03 PM9/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

i use Intellij all the time, and am quite satisfied with it.
Indeed it does not know all functions (98%?), and has no Lucee/Railo dialect. But having tried so much other editors, I am sticking with it. Especially the search functionality and click-through options within the code makes it a great editor imho.

There are a lot of settings you can tweak, and personally I switched off auto-complete, and just use CTRL+spacebar to get to tag attributes, and hit arrow-up/down + enter to get to tags.
For example:
"<cfq", enter -> <cfqueryparam, then "ty", enter -> <cfqueryparam cfsqltype=", then "id", enter -> cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_idstamp"

But it does suck big-time when it comes to the local.x scope in components: it sees it as a global scope.

Adding the missing functions should be possible.
See some good reads here:

Kind regards,

Paul Klinkenberg

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Michael Hnat

Sep 8, 2015, 3:08:02 AM9/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the peoplo from JetBrains are at cfcamp in munich next week. I'm sure you can ask them about this stuff.
And if you want to have IntelliJ: We're raffling some licences at cfcamp (sponsered by JetBrains).

Just saying.

Michi

Sep 8, 2015, 4:14:11 AM9/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Next month, of course (facepalm).

Sorry. Shouldn't do two things at a time.