Lucee 5 and Hibernate

Sana

Feb 26, 2016, 10:12:39 AM2/26/16
to Lucee
Hi Lucee team,

Do you have any plan to update Hibernate-3.5 to Hibernate-5.1 in Lucee 5. Also Hibernate OGM integration.

Thanks

Nando Breiter

Feb 26, 2016, 12:43:46 PM2/26/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I could be wrong, but it is my impression that the hibernate integration is difficult to maintain - or at least more time consuming than is easily accommodated. I did some initial testing and ran into a show stopping bug with the 3.5 extension.

Aria Media Sagl
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Michael Offner

Feb 26, 2016, 12:45:53 PM2/26/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
can you report a ticket for your problems?

thx Micha
BTW Beta for Hibernate 5 is behind the curtain, we simply wait for it until Lucee 5 is out.

Sana

Feb 26, 2016, 1:07:47 PM2/26/16
to Lucee
Hi Micha,

Thanks for updates about Hibernate-5,  what about Search and  OGM integration.

We are happy to test beta version, if its available?

Thanks

Nando Breiter

Feb 26, 2016, 1:59:17 PM2/26/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Micha!

If you need me to create more concise test case, let me know and I will do it. There is a code sample in the ticket from my app that demonstrates the issue in vivo.

For a variety of reasons, best practice when using CF ORM has boiled down to setting ormsettings.flushatrequestend to false and wrapping any orm entity creation -> mutation in a transaction, essentially to maintain full control over when the hibernate session is flushed. I have a large app I'd like to migrate from CF 11 to Lucee 5, but I'm having trouble testing it because each of hundreds of instances of entity persist processes are throwing an error that does not happen in Lucee 4.5, as described in LDEV-758.

Kind regards,

Nando

Aria Media Sagl
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell