Unable to find any JVMs

DMan

Oct 15, 2015, 5:48:05 PM10/15/15
to Lucee
Fresh Express download.

Running startup.sh under Mac os x El Capitan.

results in

Unable to find any JVMs matching version "(null)".
No Java runtime present, try --request to install.
Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is defined
At least one of these environment variable is needed to run this program

tried ./startup.sh --request
same result.

The Lucee installer doesn't have any instructions on what to download.

Any pointers appreciated.

Andrew Dixon

Oct 15, 2015, 6:00:34 PM10/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

DMan

Oct 15, 2015, 6:02:08 PM10/15/15
to Lucee
Thanks, would be great if the message was updated to indicate what to do.

Nando Breiter

Oct 15, 2015, 6:02:22 PM10/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

Does one have to point Lucee at the JRE somewhere in the configuration? I don't remember clearly.

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Nando Breiter

Oct 15, 2015, 6:05:22 PM10/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Andrew Dixon

Oct 15, 2015, 6:05:24 PM10/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Don't think so, I don't remember having to do that, but I've given up running Lucee and ACF on my local machine as Apple has this way of screwing the Apache config every time you upgrade Mac OS X, so now I run it and ACF on Linux VM's via VirtualBox so Apple can't mess with them.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Nando Breiter

Oct 15, 2015, 6:19:47 PM10/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm ... the message the OP got seems to come from bin/setclasspath.sh.

If tomcat can't find the JRE after installation, what I dimly remember is that

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home

is a symlink and I ran a few commands to update it some months ago to get Lucee/Tomcat to use a newer version of Java. I don't know if this symlink is created on newer versions of OSX if and when a JRE is installed.

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Michael Heel

Oct 16, 2015, 2:03:13 AM10/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

I prefer just to point to the jvm i want to use. In centos i use the service file which starts lucee:

[Unit]

Description=Tomcat

After=network.target

[Service]

Type=forking

User=tomcat

Group=tomcat

Environment=CATALINA_PID=/opt/tomcat/tomcat8.pid

Environment=TOMCAT_JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk

Environment=CATALINA_HOME=/opt/tomcat

Environment=CATALINA_BASE=/opt/tomcat

#Environment=CATALINA_OPTS=

#Environment="JAVA_OPTS=-

ExecStart=/opt/tomcat/bin/startup.sh

ExecStop=/bin/kill -15 $MAINPID

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

JAVA-OPTS i tune in /opt/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh:

#! /bin/sh

# ==================================================================

CATALINA_HOME=/opt/tomcat

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -server"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xms2048m"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xmx2048m"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xss256k"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:+UseG1GC"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=70"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:G1ReservePercent=15"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:ParallelGCThreads=20"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:ConcGCThreads=5"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:+AggressiveOpts"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -javaagent:/opt/tomcat/lucee/lucee-inst.jar"

export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Doracle.jdbc.J2EE13Compliant=true"

# Check for application specific parameters at startup

if [ -r "$CATALINA_BASE/bin/appenv.sh" ]; then

  . "$CATALINA_BASE/bin/appenv.sh"

fi

echo "Using CATALINA_OPTS:"

for arg in $CATALINA_OPTS