Installing Lucee 5

john Matlock

Apr 30, 2016, 7:44:43 PM4/30/16
to Lucee
I decided to try Lucee 5 on a development machine.

1.  Downloaded lucee-5.0.0.49-jars.zip
2.  Stopped Railo
3.  Moved railo.jar from railo.lib to a thumb drive
4.  Put lucee.jar into railo.lib
5.  Moved other lucee.jar files to railo.lib
6.  Started Railo

That's your instructions on the Migrate from Railo web page.  What do you mean when you say the Railo server will convert itself into a Lucee server  The folders are still labeled railo as there were no instructions to change them.  When I started the Railo server, there was no mention of anything to do with Lucee.  Every browse to localhost:8888 gives

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888

The machine is a Dell Precision running Windows 7, been running fine under Railo/Tomcat.

What Now?

John Matlock

Andrew Dixon

May 1, 2016, 1:54:23 PM5/1/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Where did you get these instructions from?

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

john Matlock

May 1, 2016, 3:37:29 PM5/1/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I got the instructions from the Lucee.org web site, specifically:

http://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/migrate-from-railo.html

John

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.

Jon Clausen

May 1, 2016, 4:09:58 PM5/1/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
John,

Those are old instructions that applied to Lucee 4.  Lucee 5 is a different animal entirely, on many levels.

At this point, if you’re upgrading from Railo, you’d be better off starting with a fresh install of Lucee 4.5 from the downloads page:  http://lucee.org/downloads.html  .  There have been enough improvements and changes in 4.5 since the first release of Lucee, that it might be better to start fresh.

Lucee 5 is in release candidate status and is not recommended for production use.

Jon

john Matlock

May 1, 2016, 5:23:33 PM5/1/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that is kind of what I was guessing the problem to be.  I am presuming that these instructions are good for Lucee 4.5?

Keeping a web site up to date is a pain.

John

Andrew Dixon

May 1, 2016, 7:21:47 PM5/1/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the document to be clear (I hope) it applies to 4.5.

Kind regards,

Andrew

john Matlock

May 1, 2016, 7:30:11 PM5/1/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Good Move.

It does however, still leave one wondering about how to install Lucee 5.  Perhaps a note saying something like "Lucee 5 requires a different installation procedure which is still being documented."

Thanks though for paying attention.

John

Andrew Dixon

May 2, 2016, 3:45:00 AM5/2/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Actually now you mention it, that is already documented in the Lucee 5 section of the docs:

Kind regards,

Andrew

Dawesi

May 2, 2016, 2:33:44 PM5/2/16