Turn Off debug output

Sid Wing

May 26, 2016, 12:49:08 PM5/26/16
to Lucee
I am currently running Lucee 4.5.2.018 final and I am trying to migrate over a legacy ACF/Fusebox 4 application.

I have turned off Debug in the Lucee admin and I have set the Error section to the error-public.cfm - but I am still seeing debug info when an error occurs. What am I missing?

Michael Offner

May 27, 2016, 2:28:48 AM5/27/16
to lucee
most likely you did this setting in the wrong admin, if you do this setttings in the server admin (red), this are simply default settings for the web admin (as long the web admins are not disabled). you need to do this settings in the web admin.

Micha

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 7:26:28 AM5/27/16
to lucee

Nope. This isn't my first rodeo.  I actually turned it off in BOTH places.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.

Michael Offner

May 27, 2016, 9:50:09 AM5/27/16
to lucee
then my second guess is that you have turned off the debugging in a different webcontext, in the server admin homepage at the bottom, you can see a list of all web contexts you have.
on the page that shows the debug output, print out this:
dump(getPageContext().getServletContext().getContextPath());

this will show you if you have a "sub context"

Micha

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 9:51:58 AM5/27/16
to Lucee
There is only 1 web context

Sid Wing
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." - Elric

Mark Drew

May 27, 2016, 9:52:55 AM5/27/16
to lucee
What kind of error is it?
Maybe a redacted screenshot? Or any other information to help us help you?

MD

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 10:10:34 AM5/27/16
to Lucee
OK - Here's my scenario

The legacy app is Fusebox based.  We have to run security scans against the app before "go live".  The security scan caught the following:

Going to its original URL: https://xxx.com/index.cfm?fuseAction=contracts.main&prevFuseaction=home.main

The page operates as expected.

When the scanner does something wonky like make the URL into: https://xxx.com/index.cfm?fuseAction=&prevFuseaction=home.main
(empty fuseaction)

The app throws an error - from the fbx_fusebox30cf50.cfm page.

The code causing the error is:

<!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SECTION EIGHT
Dissect attributes.fuseaction (available in the attributes scope either from being converted in the formURL2attributes section or via the above included fbx_settings.cfm file in the root directory). If attributes.fuseaction is not a compound fuseaction (i.e. it only includes the circuit in the form of "?fuseaction=circuit."), then set the fuseaction as blank, which the target circuit's CFDEFAULTCASE tag will pick up. Now look up the target circuit in the fusebox.circuit structure for the full path to the circuit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<cftry>
	<cfscript>
	FB_.rawFA = attributes.fuseaction; //preserve the original fuseaction
	if (ListLen(FB_.rawFA, '.') is 1 and Right(FB_.rawFA,1) is '.')
		//circuit only specified, no fuseaction such as "fuseaction=circuit."
		fusebox.fuseaction = "fusebox.defaultfuseaction";
	else
		//circuit.fuseaction specified, so set fusebox.fuseaction and fusebox.circuit to matching values
		fusebox.fuseaction = ListGetAt( FB_.rawFA, 2,  '.' );
	fusebox.circuit = ListGetAt( FB_.rawFA, 1, '.');
	fusebox.TargetCircuit=fusebox.circuit; //preserve for later
	</cfscript>
	<cfcatch>
		<!--- In this case, we want the core file custom error message to always display, since this code is solid, but the attributes.fuseaction may be incorrect and thus produce an error. --->
	</cfcatch>
</cftry>

It expects - if it finds a "fuseaction" attribute - that there will be some "value" associated.  Because there isn't the TRY/CATCH fails and crashes.

And - even with debug turned off at server and web context levels - it still throws the following info to the browser:

(see attached)

Untitled.png

Mark Drew

May 27, 2016, 10:12:52 AM5/27/16
to lucee
Hmm…

That looks like a dump from somewhere rather than an error. Errors in Lucee tend to be Yellow, Something in the Application.cfc onError() function?

MD

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
<Untitled.png>

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 10:19:03 AM5/27/16
to Lucee
I would love it if this app actually used Application.cfc - but it doesn't. It uses a very simple Application.cfm and fbx_settings.cfm - BUT! your info just pointed me in a different direction to look for this!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 10:23:55 AM5/27/16
to Lucee
I thought perhaps it might be something in fex_errorCatch.cfm or in the dsp_standardError.cfm - but no...  nothing in either of that that should produce that output either.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.

Mark Drew

May 27, 2016, 10:34:32 AM5/27/16
to lucee
These are the settings I have in my current app:

And when I get an error (similar to yours)
I get:

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 10:41:27 AM5/27/16
to Lucee
Yep - same settings as mine - and that's what I expected to see in mine as well...  Which leads me back to your conclusion that there is something else in the app that is causing the "try/catch" to display its dump...  The funny part is - right below the dump, I see the output from the dsp_standardError.cfm.  So whatever it is - it is activating before the dsp_standardError.cfm is displayed

Randy Johnson

May 27, 2016, 10:47:59 AM5/27/16
to Lucee
The dump in the screenshot is labeled 'catch'.  Have you did an all search for cfcatch or cfdump?

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 10:51:13 AM5/27/16
to Lucee
Randy - there are more "cfcatch" entries than I can shake a stick at in this app.  I'm working my way through them now

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 11:00:05 AM5/27/16
to Lucee
Annnnnd I found it...  buried in the code for the index.cfm was a <cfdump> that ran before anything...  UGH!

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 11:04:26 AM5/27/16
to Lucee
All -

Thanks for the help.  Our conversations got my head out of the weeds and pointed me to the right place to find the fix.

Gert Franz

May 27, 2016, 5:59:27 PM5/27/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
What would have been the easiest thing is to hover with the mouse over the dump. Then the title displayed shows the exact position where the dump had been create.

Just as a heads up!

Gert

Sent from somewhere on the road

Sid Wing

May 27, 2016, 6:05:28 PM5/27/16
to Lucee
Gert!

That's a VERY handy piece of info right there.