What is the correct pronunciation of Lucee?

Evagoras Charalambous

Jun 12, 2015, 10:17:08 AM6/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I realize this is a trivial issue in the scope of everything that is going on with Lucee. However, can I get someone within the Lucee "organization" to set the record of how to correctly pronounce "Lucee"? Is the accent on the "u" or the "ee"? Is it pronounced like the name "Lucy", as Michal once (if I remember right) said that he came up with the name after seeing the movie Lucy with Scarlett Johansson? I was with a group of 4 the other day talking about Lucee, and we were divided 50/50 on how to correctly pronounce it. :-)

Jamie Jackson

Jun 12, 2015, 2:00:53 PM6/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Evagoras Charalambous <evag...@gmail.com> wrote:
I realize this is a trivial issue in the scope of everything that is going on with Lucee. However, can I get someone within the Lucee "organization" to set the record of how to correctly pronounce "Lucee"? Is the accent on the "u" or the "ee"? Is it pronounced like the name "Lucy", as Michal once (if I remember right) said that he came up with the name after seeing the movie Lucy with Scarlett Johansson? I was with a group of 4 the other day talking about Lucee, and we were divided 50/50 on how to correctly pronounce it. :-)

Michael Offner

Jun 12, 2015, 3:31:51 PM6/12/15
to lucee

Evagoras Charalambous

Jun 12, 2015, 4:59:48 PM6/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for clearing it up Micha!

Michael Offner

Jun 13, 2015, 1:57:46 AM6/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
My british aunts name is Lucy as well, so I'm more common to use the "swiss english" pronunciation and get corrected a lot of time ;-)

Micha

Am Freitag, 12. Juni 2015 schrieb Evagoras Charalambous :
Thanks for clearing it up Micha!

Andrew Dixon

Jun 13, 2015, 5:35:03 AM6/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com