New Beta relase ready to download

Michael Offner

Apr 9, 2015, 12:14:26 PM4/9/15
to lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
There is a new Lucee 5.0 beta release ready to download.

We have addressed a couple of issues in the syntax and also a problem in the OSGi Engine.
In addition, we have fixed a smaller glitch in the Lucene Extension.
Thanks for all your feedback so far.

In addition to the express version, we have now also prepared a Jar package and a WAR file.

have fun
Micha

tickets solved:
#256: Static is ignored in interfaces
#255: isCustomFunction() behaviour for arrow functions should match that for conventional function-literal syntax
#257: Abstract components don't work
#264: rest service fails when listener mode is set to modern
#251: static method syntax doesn't work as advertised

Adam Cameron

Apr 9, 2015, 12:21:06 PM4/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Nice work mate.

George Murphy

Apr 9, 2015, 1:01:55 PM4/9/15
to lucee-su...@googlegroups.com, lu...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear Micha!

George Murphy
President
DeSign By George, Inc.
http://www.websbygeorge.com
703-867-1934

Andrew Penhorwood

Apr 9, 2015, 1:05:39 PM4/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Will the update function work from the server admin?  I tried mine briefly without luck.

Andrew Penhorwood

Michael Offner

Apr 9, 2015, 1:28:58 PM4/9/15
to lucee
nope, we still have changes in the loader and the admin functionality can only update the core.
but you can simply replace the lucee.jar

Micha

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Andrew Penhorwood <penho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Will the update function work from the server admin?  I tried mine briefly without luck.

Andrew Penhorwood

Jasun Branson

Apr 9, 2015, 5:31:14 PM4/9/15
to lucee-su...@googlegroups.com, lu...@googlegroups.com
You guys are doing a great job. 5.0 is such a promising release.
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 1:01 PM George Murphy <george...@websbygeorge.com> wrote:
Great to hear Micha!

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Adam Cameron <camero...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nice work mate.

#256: Static is ignored in interfaces
#255: isCustomFunction() behaviour for arrow functions should match that for conventional function-literal syntax
#257: Abstract components don't work
#264: rest service fails when listener mode is set to modern
#251: static method syntax doesn't work as advertised

George Murphy
President
DeSign By George, Inc.
http://www.websbygeorge.com
703-867-1934

AJ Mercer

Apr 9, 2015, 10:09:46 PM4/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
is this update available as a patch?
That is, on Application Provider dev.lucee.org

Ron Stewart

Apr 9, 2015, 10:46:12 PM4/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Thanks much for the WAR on this pre-release!

Michael Offner

Apr 10, 2015, 2:43:34 AM4/10/15
to lucee
Hi AJ

ATM we do not publish patches, simply because the lucee.jar is still subject of change and updates in admin cannot update the lucee.jar.
BTW Lucee 5 can update 3th party jars (bundles) with patch release you will install in the admin, so we will be able to update/downgrade any jar at any time.

Micha