4.5.2.xxx serious blocking issue (mysql datasources unusable)

Michael van Leest

Sep 1, 2015, 5:07:32 AM9/1/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I wanted to make sure that this issue gets some attention as it blocks any use of the 4.5.2 version/updates. If a (mysql) datasource is being used, a weird error comes up complaining about negative delay. This is still the case with the latest 4.5.2.010 update.

The ticket about this issue is LDEV-471

Michael Offner

Sep 1, 2015, 8:11:08 AM9/1/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I will look into it with highest priority
I keep you posted

Micha
--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Michael van Leest

Sep 1, 2015, 10:25:00 AM9/1/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michael. I'll keep an eye out on JIRA.
If you need any extra tests or error messages from me, just let me know.

Michael van Leest

Tom Chiverton

Sep 7, 2015, 6:18:03 AM9/7/15
to Lucee
It's been a week now and MySQL still can't be used on the dev. channel.

Tom

Simon Hooker

Sep 7, 2015, 5:23:20 PM9/7/15
to Lucee
Hi there

I'm unable to reproduce this, I run my CI servers on 4.5.2.005 using CommandBox with no MySQL issues at all.

If anyone is able to provide me code + sql dumps + versions numbers that let me reproduce the issue then I will happily look into it, but at present I can't reproduce the problem with my environments!

Alex Skinner

Sep 7, 2015, 5:32:37 PM9/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

Have you also experienced this issue because I think we need to revise the description.

It is not accurate to say that if you update the dev provider to latest version of Lucee that MySQL doesn't work or its blocked there has to be more to it than that?

We need a reproducable test case.

I fear it may depend how you are connecting to MySQL, I have just updated my local installation and am using MariaDB but it if was a Lucee/driver issue one would expect similar behaviour have no issues connecting to the database. Simon Hooker has tested mysql

From my crude analysis of the stack trace attached to the ticket this seems unrelated.

Can the original poster create a test case please ?

If you look at the Lucee admin you can see your exact settings used, please redact any access credentials but what would really help is something we can run, failing that a screen grab of your config options in the admin would be good ?

What about timeout values for the Datasource what are these set to ?

Thanks

Alex

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Alex Skinner
Managing Director

Pixl8 Interactive, 3 Tun Yard, Peardon Street, London
SW8 3HT, United Kingdom

T: +44 [0] 845 260 0726 W: www.pixl8.co.uk E: in...@pixl8.co.uk

Follow us on: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED - This e-mail and any attachment is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential and may also be subject to legal, professional or other privilege or may be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please email it back to the sender and then immediately permanently delete it. Pixl8 Interactive Ltd Registered in England. Registered number: 04336501. Registered office: 8 Spur Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EB

Michael van Leest

Sep 7, 2015, 5:40:28 PM9/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Just replied on JIRA. Will provide some example code and data tomorrow when I'm at the office.

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Michael van Leest

Michael van Leest

Sep 7, 2015, 5:41:55 PM9/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
@Alex: messages just crossed each other. Will provide example tomorrow when I'm at the office.

Thanks!

Michael van Leest

Terry Whitney

Sep 8, 2015, 8:34:42 AM9/8/15
to Lucee
I would look at the max connections before blaming the code.

What are the contents of your my.cnf

Michael van Leest

Sep 8, 2015, 9:41:19 AM9/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
@Terry: when I run the same code (local) on 4.5.1.xxx all is fine. When I upgrade to any 4.5.2.xxx and restart, the error comes up. When the upgrade is removed and Lucee is restarted, the code works again. So imho my.conf is not the issue.

I'll be in the office in a couple of hours to get some code together for a test case.
--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Terry Whitney

Sep 8, 2015, 2:58:12 PM9/8/15
to Lucee
If you have a really large query cache table defined, this might happen. Seen something similar with Tomcat jsp pages.

Did you stop and then start your db engine after the upgrade?