Overriding built-in CFCs

Brad Wood

May 27, 2015, 6:47:38 PM5/27/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I've dealt with overriding built in functions and tags, but is there an easy way to override built in CFCs at a server level such as org.lucee.cfml.query?

Thanks

~Brad

Mark Drew

May 28, 2015, 5:24:26 AM5/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
You actually just have to replace them in the WEB-INF/lucee/components dir.

Regards

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver
http://charliemikedelta.com

Brad Wood

May 28, 2015, 10:21:33 AM5/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Mark.  Isn't the WEB-INF folder specific to a web context though?  I would like to do this at a server level.  I also don't keep my WEB-INF in source control and want to be able to configure this override for all current and future sites at the time I script out the server build-- possibly prior to the first time the sites have been been run.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org

Brad Wood

May 29, 2015, 4:08:10 PM5/29/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Anyone else have any ideas on this one?  To recap, I want want to be able to override built in CFCs like new Query() at the server level.

Thanks!

~Brad

Michael Offner

May 30, 2015, 8:11:17 AM5/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
There is a directory in the server context (I don't know the name, I'm away from keyboard ATM) every file put in that dir is deployed to every webcontext , including future web context not existing yet.
I will let you know the directory when I'm back on my computer, it would be great if you could do a short wiki entry about it.

Micha

Brad Wood

May 30, 2015, 2:17:01 PM5/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
That sounds perfect Micha.  Let me know what it is and I've love to help get a wiki page on it.  I searched for quite a while and couldn't find anything.  These are the sweet little gems that people need to know about!

Hmm, I just had an idea for a new talk-- "Hidden Gems in Lucee".  I wonder if Charlie A. will mind me stealing his tagline :)

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org

Brad Wood

Jun 6, 2015, 5:16:30 PM6/6/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
There are two "components"   folders.  Can anyone tell me the difference between them?

WEB-INF/lucee/components/
WEB-INF/lucee/context/components/

To fill in the "magic" directory Micha told me about.  It is /lucee-server/context/web-context-deployment/ but it copies into WEB-INF/lucee/context/ which is a directory deeper than the components folder Mark suggested I use.

Thanks!

~Brad