Lucee licensing clarity (and Quora question)

David Chaplin-Loebell

Mar 6, 2015, 12:37:28 PM3/6/15
to lucee
I had the opportunity to recommend Lucee in a question on quora.com yesterday:

The questioner was already familiar with Railo, but was confused in looking at the Lucee website.  He couldn't find docs (I referred him to luceedocs.com) and it wasn't clear to him that Lucee is a free/open source product.

I looked at lucee.org and read this:

Upon reviewing this, I think the sentence about licensing is a little unclear-- it says that Railo was released under the LGPL, but doesn't make it clear that Lucee is also released under the LGPL.  I realize that if you're familiar with the LGPL this is obvious, but it may not be clear to everyone.

Anyway, the purpose of my email is both to mention this to anyone who may have the ability to make things a little clearer on the web site, and to suggest that if you have more to say about Lucee, you go post an answer on Quora.

David Chaplin-Loebell, IT Director

Community-owned food markets open to everyone.
www.weaversway.coop

Michael Offner

Mar 7, 2015, 2:41:26 AM3/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thx for your post on quora, lgpl is likes herpes when you have it is hard to get rid of it and it is highly infectious (not speaking of personal experience;-) ).
But you are right, if you not aware of this, the text is not clear, we will improve the text.

Micha

Adam Cameron

Mar 7, 2015, 2:59:01 AM3/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On 7 March 2015 at 07:41, Michael Offner <mic...@rasia.ch> wrote:
Thx for your post on quora, lgpl is likes herpes

I *so* misread that as a typo of "Igal". [nervous giggle]

Sorry Igal. In my defence I was going "jeez Micha, that's well harsh"

--
Adam