Help with ACF to Lucee conversion

Julian Halliwell

Sep 7, 2015, 4:59:23 AM9/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone interested in helping a Wisconsin (USA) based company
convert an ACF system to Lucee?

Please contact me off-list for more details.

Julian
http://cfsimplicity.com/

Nando Breiter

Sep 7, 2015, 5:17:54 AM9/7/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julian,

I'm interested. Could you tell me a little more about the ACF to Lucee conversion project?

Thanks,

Nando

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Julian Halliwell

Sep 8, 2015, 3:52:42 AM9/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nando, I sent you a private email yesterday. Did you get it?

Julian.

Nando Breiter

Sep 8, 2015, 3:56:39 AM9/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julian,

Yes, I got it. Answering now ...

Nando

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Nils Bettinger

Sep 8, 2015, 6:09:05 AM9/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've got a table with a field within which contains a comma-separated
tag-list (the project is a picture-galery). I want the User to search for
some pictures.

For example:

Database: picproject
table: pictures
field: tags
Value: tor,eingang,licht,lichtung

Another entry:

Database: picproject
table: pictures
field: tags
Value: monitor,bildschirm,anzeige,display

---

So if I do it very simple, I search for something like that:

SELECT * FROM `pictures` WHERE tags LIKE <cfqueryparam
value="#FSearchquery#" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" maxlength="200">

---

If I search for "tor" I would get both entries mentioned above (tor /
monitor). How can I optimize the searching in general? Has someone a
resource/howto on the web where I can take a look to learn a bit? Thze next
step would be to search for more words and/or etc.

I would be pleased by any sugestions to make the search-function a bit more
sharpened and comfortable.

Best regards,

Nils

thorste...@googlemail.com

Sep 8, 2015, 6:20:22 AM9/8/15
to Lucee
Hi Nils,

to store comma seperated strings in a field is an antipattern.

I suggest to create another table "tags" and relate it to your pictures table.

Makes life way easier in the long run. ;-)
https://pragprog.com/book/bksqla/sql-antipatterns