new release (4.5.1.004) available

Michael Offner

Feb 16, 2015, 5:02:45 PM2/16/15
to lucee
There is a new patch release (4.5.1.004) available to install on the "dev" update provider.
Sadly the first release we did (4.5.0.042) cannot be updated in The Lucee Admin and needs a manual installation. Again sorry for that!

You can find the instructions for both here (and also instruction if you are behind a firewall):
This update has also the possibility to disable the mail connection pool for a specific mailserver, see mailinglist thread "Suggestion: fix email delivery speed with SmarterMail" for details

Have a good day
Micha

Release Notes:
[ #164 ] "!" in mail message

Geoff Parkhurst

Feb 17, 2015, 4:26:23 AM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Micha

Please can you update the lucee.jar download page:

https://bitbucket.org/lucee/lucee/downloads

it still has 4.5.0.042 from the 5th Feb

Many thanks

Michael Offner

Feb 17, 2015, 4:40:20 AM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoff

It is actually 4.5.1.000 the current stable release, .003 and .004 are only bleeding edge releases, so they are only available as .lco file to update in admin or from the download section in admin.

Micha

Chris Blackwell

Feb 17, 2015, 9:10:36 AM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Any news on getting updates onto http://cfmlprojects.org/  ?
I'm kinda stuck until the updates start making their way up their as our build is maven-ized

denstar

Feb 18, 2015, 12:29:09 PM2/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I added 4.5.1.000 stable yesterday, and for the non-stable/dev ones,
they'll be "snapshots", e.g. 4.5.1.004-SNAPSHOT, and there isn't enough
space to make JRE versions and whatnot of all those, so they'll just be
what's needed for maven-ized testing, vs. testing the "standard"
packages as well. We can use the git log function to create a
changelog, and even automatically link them to the tickets (the
changelog stuff is handy for the deb and rpms too)

-Den

On 2/17/15 7:10 AM, Chris Blackwell wrote:
> Any news on getting updates onto http://cfmlprojects.org/ ?
> I'm kinda stuck until the updates start making their way up their as our
> build is maven-ized
>
> On 17 February 2015 at 09:40, Michael Offner <mic...@lucee.org
> <mailto:lucee+un...@googlegroups.com>.
> <mailto:lu...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG%2BEEBw%2BysT_PC5wtCBVCP1FQuhYzQ8-MqGShC9vn6eQ5Vz-dA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG%2BEEBw%2BysT_PC5wtCBVCP1FQuhYzQ8-MqGShC9vn6eQ5Vz-dA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAB%3DtfTr3RcbDCQbAF%2Bt9-0J-auWz6ePB__u-RmLNPM6rbYHXtQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAB%3DtfTr3RcbDCQbAF%2Bt9-0J-auWz6ePB__u-RmLNPM6rbYHXtQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Chris Blackwell

Feb 19, 2015, 6:08:41 AM2/19/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Nice one.

I'll have a go building our apps on lucee next week :)

Christopher Dawes

Feb 19, 2015, 8:19:35 AM2/19/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Why not post the vivotech installers on the main website... better than no link IMHO..

Michael Offner

Feb 19, 2015, 10:07:46 AM2/19/15
to lucee
we plan to do exactly that, but atm they are based on the version 4.5.0.042 what cannot be updated in the administrator.
Vivio will update this releases and then we will publish them on the website.

Micha