lucee-server.xml not loading on new install

Scott Smith

Aug 4, 2015, 12:53:16 PM8/4/15
to Lucee
I am in the process of setting up a new web server for our team using Tomcat 8 / Java 8 / Lucee.  I am pretty close as I can get the server and web admins to load up and can hit my sites correctly. However, none of my mappings and datasources are taking effect.  I have defined them within the lucee-server.xml in C:\Tomcat\Lucee\lucee-server\context.

When I look at the mappings tab in both the server and web admin, only the defaults are present.  Any ideas as to what part of the configuration I could be missing? Happy to provide any more information about my setup that would help diagnose the issue.  Thanks!

Igal @ Lucee.org

Aug 4, 2015, 12:58:00 PM8/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I have defined them within the lucee-server.xml in C:\Tomcat\Lucee\lucee-server\context.
When I look at the mappings tab in both the server and web admin, only the defaults are present.
so you defined them manually in the xml?  why?

most likely the definitions in the xml are incorrect and therefore you do not see them there.

if you are referring to class names -- and are migrating from Railo (which is the only explanation I can think of for the reason you did this manually --  be sure to use the Lucee packages and not the Railo ones.  that would definitely cause the issue you are experiencing.

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Scott Smith

Aug 4, 2015, 1:09:20 PM8/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
This is a fresh installation, so there shouldn't be any Railo remnants I can think of.  The decision was made prior to my employment here, but my guess as to why we define them manually in that config was so that we can just drop it into a new installation and have the changes correct configuration for all sites.  I have confirmed my mappings are correct (assuming full directory paths work, they did in Railo's equivalent config).  Here is what I have in there currently. If there was an invalid path, would there be any log of this?

<mappings>
<mapping archive="" inspect-template="once" listener-mode="modern" listener-type="curr2root" physical="{lucee-server}/context/" primary="physical" readonly="yes" virtual="/lucee-server/"/>
<mapping archive="{lucee-config}/context/lucee-context.lar" inspect-template="once" listener-mode="modern" listener-type="curr2root" physical="{lucee-config}/context/" primary="physical" readonly="yes" virtual="/lucee/"/>
<mapping physical="e:\websites\framework\ORM" primary="physical" toplevel="true" trusted="false" virtual="/ORM"/>
<mapping physical="e:\websites\portal\" primary="physical" toplevel="true" trusted="false" virtual="/Portal"/>
<mapping physical="e:\websites\framework" primary="physical" toplevel="true" trusted="false" virtual="/Framework"/>
<mapping physical="e:\websites\framework\shared" primary="physical" toplevel="true" trusted="false" virtual="/shared"/>
<mapping physical="e:\websites\uploads" primary="physical" toplevel="true" trusted="false" virtual="/uploads"/>
<mapping physical="e:\websites\webservice" primary="physical" toplevel="true" trusted="false" virtual="/webservices"/>
  <mapping inspect-template="" physical="e:\websites" primary="physical" toplevel="true" virtual="/snap"/>
  <mapping inspect-template="" physical="e:\websites\secure_files" primary="physical" toplevel="true" virtual="/secure_files"/>
  </mappings>

I'm open to suggestions as far as a better way to manage these configurations.  I am trying to tidy everything up anyway, so now is the time to change our environment setup and processes.  Thanks.

Pete Freitag

Aug 4, 2015, 1:59:23 PM8/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Scott Smith <scottad...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm open to suggestions as far as a better way to manage these configurations.  I am trying to tidy everything up anyway, so now is the time to change our environment setup and processes.  Thanks.

You can also use Application.cfc to define the mappings and datasources, and if you want to centrally manage them you can just cfinclude / include; the file in your Application.cfc for each site that needs them.

//Application.cfc
component {
    include "../mappings.cfm";
    include "../datasources.cfm";
}

//mappings.cfm
this.mappings["/ORM"] = "e:\websites\framework\ORM";
this.mappings["/Portal"] = "e:\websites\portal\";
//etc.

The datasources can be defined in this.datasources, but the easiest way might be to add one locally in Lucee Administrator and then use the export Application.cfc to get the definitions. More info here: http://cfdocs.org/application-cfc

--
Pete Freitag
https://foundeo.com/ - ColdFusion Consulting & Products

Igal @ Lucee.org