Vagrant Lucee build on RHEL

Brad Wood

Jun 9, 2015, 12:44:58 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any basic Lucee Vagrant setups for RedHat?  I've seen (and used) a few Ubuntu-based setups, but I'm working with a client now that would like to use RedHat.  I can create one easy enough, but figured I could save some time if someone else had something.  A quick Google search didn't bring anything up.

Thanks!

~Brad

Dan Skaggs

Jun 9, 2015, 1:00:24 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I have one for CentOS in a private repo that uses shell scripts for provisioning that I could potentially sanitize and put somewhere. I created it by converting Mike Sprague's Ubuntu one to CentOS (github.com:mikesprague/vagrant-lemtl)

Brad Wood

Jun 9, 2015, 1:19:31 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Dan.  My client specifically wants RHEL though which doesn't seem to have any pre-made Vagrant boxes from what I can find.  *scratches head*

Thanks!

~Brad

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org

Brad Wood

Jun 9, 2015, 2:43:46 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Ok Dan, CentOS is actually approved for local dev environments.  Any chance you can toss up your vagrant file and basic provisioning scripts up on a Git repo.  That will give me a nice spring board to start from.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org

Jamie Jackson

Jun 9, 2015, 2:49:53 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
There might be licensing issues with RHEL. I know I had to jump through hoops to get and license a copy. I could be wrong, but I think people end up just using the equivalent CentOS version of whatever RHEL server they're targeting. (That's what I do now.)

Dan Skaggs

Jun 9, 2015, 3:00:18 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Sure thing...give me a little bit to finish up something for work and I'll get a sanitized copy put up on GitHub (there are some db usernames/passwords and such that are client specific in this one that I have).

Dan

Brad Wood

Jun 9, 2015, 3:02:13 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the client I'm working with has a RHEL licensing server, but getting access to that right now will be a lot of work.  Just to get a Vagrant machine up to show them and start testing Lucee, they are fine with using CentOS as long as they actually have RHEL on production.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org

Brad Wood

Jun 9, 2015, 3:02:44 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
 No worries.  Thanks Dan!  If I have any generic improvements to it I'll try to send pulls.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org

Dan Skaggs

Jun 9, 2015, 4:33:10 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Here's a quick first pass.  I've got all the client-specific stuff pulled out of the project and reorganized it a little bit.

Since everyone works differently, I didn't do anything in trying to set up Apache > Lucee.

I did run through it and make sure it actually built successfully but that's about all the testing I've done.

Comments / pull requests welcome.

Dan

Brad Wood

Jun 9, 2015, 5:46:36 PM6/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks Dan!  I'll give it a whirl.  I'll be doing Nginx anyway.