Running Lucee 5 in an OSGi container

Daan de Wit

Nov 24, 2015, 11:10:07 AM11/24/15
to Lucee
We currently embed Lucee in our Java based project. The container we run in is Virgo, which uses Equinox under the hood. Will this use case be supported in Lucee 5?

Michael Offner

Nov 25, 2015, 1:19:59 AM11/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Lucee itself is an osgi container, means all 3rd party jars used by Lucee are loaded as bundles by the Lucee.jar. BUT the Lucee.jar itself is not a bundle. In fact the Lucee.jar is a merge of the Lucee loader and the Felix (Apache osgi) code.
It is for sure possible to make this work, but I'm also sure it needs some tweaks to make this work. So you need to test and see what happens.

Micha

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Andrew Penhorwood

Nov 25, 2015, 3:49:35 PM11/25/15
to Lucee
OSGi is new to me but I've looked into using Felix as my container.  Is there any plans on making a Lucee bundle that can be installed into a Felix installation?

Andrew Penhorwood