Updating Lucee via Server Admin

Andrew Penhorwood

Oct 2, 2016, 9:21:05 AM10/2/16
to Lucee
I am running Lucee 5.1.0.17-BETA as seen from the update screen in the Server Admin.  When I go there to update it says this.

There is no update available for your version (5.1.0.17-BETA).

But I know that Lucee-5.1.0.31-BETA is available because I downloaded it from the website.  Does the "Update" function no longer work?  Is there something I am missing, as the update feature is one of the coolest feature of Lucee.

Andrew Penhorwood

Mark Drew

Oct 3, 2016, 3:55:29 AM10/3/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Which updates have you selected above that l? Full screenshot or it didn't happen ;)

Mark Drew
- Sent by typing with my thumbs.
--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/0d02afae-3360-4ed2-994d-c938988a2e9e%40googlegroups.com.

Andrew Penhorwood

Oct 3, 2016, 9:23:19 PM10/3/16
to Lucee

Ok, Mark here is the screenshot.  I guess it happened.  :-)

Andrew Dixon

Oct 4, 2016, 4:20:55 AM10/4/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Automate updates are not available for beta's, only releases and snapshots, beta updates have to be installed manually.

Kind regards,

Andrew

On 4 October 2016 at 02:23, Andrew Penhorwood <penho...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, Mark here is the screenshot.  I guess it happened.  :-)

--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp

Andrew Penhorwood

Andrew Dixon

Oct 4, 2016, 8:21:19 AM10/4/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Not sure TBH, it has always been that way, but I will check with Micha and see if there is a technical reason for it.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Risto

Oct 4, 2016, 11:58:32 AM10/4/16
to Lucee
Hi,

I couldn't install snapshot either. It said because I'm on Windows server I have to download
5.0.1.67-SNAPSHOT. jar. and do it manually because auto updater doesn't work.

I haven't done this before. Just delete the old jar, copy the 5.0.1.67-SNAPSHOT jar to the lib folder and restart?

This page http://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/update.html doesn't really make it clear for My Lucee 5 scenario
but I'm assuming it's the same as the updating the first release (4.5.0.42) instructions?

Jordan Michaels

Oct 4, 2016, 2:19:37 PM10/4/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Pretty much, that's the gist of it for Lucee 5. Lucee 5 has all the dependencies bundled into one jar, making upgrades like this a LOT simpler. Lucee 4.5 does not have all the dependencies bundled, so you'll need to update the files in the C:\lucee\lib\ folder to ensure you're using all the proper dependencies.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/f51fbc37-9f52-4d2e-a201-169b1f279bfe%40googlegroups.com.

Brad Wood

Oct 5, 2016, 10:57:20 AM10/5/16
to Lucee

Automate updates are not available for beta's, only releases and snapshots, beta updates have to be installed manually.

Actually, you can update betas as far as I know in the admin.  You just have to set a custom provider URL of http://beta.lucee.org

Micha told me that a while ago.  As far as I can tell, it's the best-kept secret in Lucee :)

Thanks!

~Brad

lucee beta updater.png

Andrew Dixon

Oct 5, 2016, 2:56:07 PM10/5/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
It really is as I've definitely asked him that before and he's never told me!!!

Kind regards,

Andrew