Railo vs Lucee

Viuha sundar

Jan 30, 2016, 11:53:18 AM1/30/16
to Lucee
Lucee Team,

Currently we are using 4.1.2.005 version of Railo Code to run our coldfusion applications.

Going forward, Is this version being supported by Lucee or should we upgrade to the version which is supported by Lucee.

Also is there any change at the CFML engine level in the latest versions (i.e 4.5 and above?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Viuha.

Mark Drew

Jan 30, 2016, 11:59:15 AM1/30/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
You should upgrade to the version that is supported by Lucee as Railo is no longer supported by anyone.

Mark Drew
- Sent by typing with my thumbs.

Andrew Dixon

Jan 30, 2016, 12:01:01 PM1/30/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
With Lucee 4.5.2.018 (latest stable release) there are many bug fixes and several security updates, so I would highly recommend you update from Railo to Lucee ASAP, obviously do this in your development and staging environments first before your production environment to ensure everything works as expected but I don't think you should have many issues. The migration from Railo to Lucee is pretty easy, see instructions here:

Lucee in no way provides support for Railo, in terms of updates and fixes. Railo is the responsibility of TRC (The Railo Company) and there has been no activity on the Railo project since August 2014, see their GitHub repo (https://github.com/getrailo/railo).

Lucee 5 is currently in beta (http://preview.lucee.org/download/) and a release candidate is expected soon with a final release following that. Lucee 5 is a significant rewrite of the core Lucee engine to make it OSGi along with additional new features, see here http://docs.lucee.org/guides/lucee-5.html

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html