The service is unavailable

Bill Foresman

Jun 11, 2015, 4:15:14 PM6/11/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Out of the blue it seems Railo started having issues and giving "The service is unavailable." to any cfm page request. So, I thought it might be a good idea to jump over to Lucee which has resulted in the same "The service is unavailable." error.

I can use the admin which is odd???

Bill Foresman

Jun 11, 2015, 4:44:52 PM6/11/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Windows 2012 btw

Jon Clausen

Jun 11, 2015, 4:51:31 PM6/11/15
to Bill Foresman, lu...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

I’ve run in to this before - at least I think may be the same issue as yours.  Check that the user account running the Lucee service has recursive permissions on the IIS site directory.  That was my issue, caused by some Windows upgrades that reset permissions (if you haven’t turned off “auto-install” on your updates, you can save yourself some unexpected fire-fighting…)

HTH,
Jon

Bill Foresman

Jun 11, 2015, 4:58:02 PM6/11/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, bi...@foresman.com
standard install no user specified

Jon Clausen

Jun 11, 2015, 6:08:48 PM6/11/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Open up your Services inspector in Windows or the Server Manager and scroll down to the Services section.  There will be a user account that the Lucee service is running under. It is usually “lucee” (previously “railo”).

Jon

Bill Foresman

Jun 11, 2015, 6:36:24 PM6/11/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
yes, I see that but there's no user specified.

Bill Foresman