Issue Tracking moving to JIRA

Andrew Dixon

Apr 24, 2015, 9:31:49 AM4/24/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Whilst up until now we have been using the issue tracker in BitBucket, it was always the aim to move the issue tracking to JIRA and we have now got this set up and configured and we are making the move over to JIRA from Wednesday next week (29th April). You can go sign up for an account on Lucee's JIRA now by visiting the site:

We have already imported all the data from BitBucket and we will be re-syncing this on Wednesday. For now please still add new issues and comments to the BitBucket issue tracker.

We wanted to give everyone warning of this change and time to sign up for an account before the switchover.

We will also be providing more details next week on the process (workflow) that tickets will follow and how you can be involved.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

Konstantinos Liakos

Apr 24, 2015, 4:36:37 PM4/24/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunatelly we can not pick the same username since you have added the users implicitly.

Andrew Dixon

Apr 24, 2015, 5:58:35 PM4/24/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for raising this, I've taken a look and it would appear the import from BitBucket has done this, however if you would like the same username that is fine, just email me (andrew...@gmail.com) your username and the email address you would like it associated to and I can add it to the imported user and then you can use the password reset option to set your password. This goes for anyone.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

On 24 April 2015 at 21:36, Konstantinos Liakos <liakosko...@gmail.com> wrote:
Unfortunatelly we can not pick the same username since you have added the users implicitly.

Konstantinos Liakos

Apr 25, 2015, 3:46:55 AM4/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andew,

Personally I don't have that much of history with the Lucee bitbucket issues, only a couple of votes and comments. But it would be a pity for others who have raised several issues and even more comments not to continue upon their original account.

Adam Cameron

Apr 25, 2015, 3:47:45 PM4/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, 24 April 2015 14:31:49 UTC+1, Andrew Dixon wrote:
Hi All,

Whilst up until now we have been using the issue tracker in BitBucket, it was always the aim to move the issue tracking to JIRA

This is brilliant news.

:-)

Andrew, I see I have an account migrated over, but as indicated by Konstantinos, I can't login with it, nor does the "forgot yer password" option work as it doesn't seem to have my email addy migrated. I'll hit you up with details of my account in private.

Nice work, Lucites.

--
Adam

Adam Cameron

Apr 26, 2015, 3:56:54 AM4/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, 24 April 2015 14:31:49 UTC+1, Andrew Dixon wrote:

We have already imported all the data from BitBucket and we will be re-syncing this on Wednesday. For now please still add new issues and comments to the BitBucket issue tracker.

Andrew, just an observation: the migration seemed to go quite well, but the VOTE information didn't seem to migrate. I started revoting for stuff, but if you do a re-merge this week, will that info be overwritten? Or will it simply bring over new issues / comments?

--
Adam

Andrew Dixon

Apr 26, 2015, 8:15:15 AM4/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

I've just been looking at this and the "Import from BitBucket" option appears to be more limited that I thought. As you say it doesn't bring across votes, but also it doesn't update already imported issues with new comments, etc... which the docs I read appeared to suggest it did. I'm going to have to have a look and see if there is a way to "sync" otherwise it might mean a delete and re-import instead. Also on BitBucket there doesn't appear to be a way to make the "issues" section "read-only", only to turn it off or make it private.

Given they are both Atlassian products this is very disappointing, I would have thought the importer would be far more complete than it is.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member