PageContext from non-request thread

Shane Curless

Mar 17, 2015, 11:44:40 AM3/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I figured since everyone has moved to this group I'd ask here, can anyone shed some light on the issue discussed in this thread?

Desmond Miles

Mar 17, 2015, 12:26:18 PM3/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I've answered you there ;-)
Don't know if it will help you...

Michael Offner

Mar 17, 2015, 2:14:17 PM3/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
It's funny I was just working on that wiki entry, but this part is still missing

I will fill in that gap and will then let you know ...

Micha

Shane Curless

Mar 17, 2015, 6:20:50 PM3/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, is it at all possible to add such a feature to Lucee, that allows functions to be called via the appScope object, without requiring a PageContext?

Alternatively, if I recall, CLI "Requests" do not time out. Is there a way of making a never-ending request from CFML code?
My theory is, that a request could be made, then force close the response stream via getPageContext().getResponseStream().close() (I know this works, I use it in several places when dealing with binary data such as the piped output of ffmpeg, wkhtmltopdf etc.), leaving the request active from the server side, but finished from the client's point of view.

Andrew Dixon

Mar 17, 2015, 7:09:26 PM3/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Michael Offner

Mar 18, 2015, 2:59:01 AM3/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Between the lines

Micha

Am Dienstag, 17. März 2015 schrieb Shane Curless :
Hmm, is it at all possible to add such a feature to Lucee, that allows functions to be called via the appScope object, without requiring a PageContext?
I will extend the wiki entry with a example of how you can create a pagecontext  yourself

Alternatively, if I recall, CLI "Requests" do not time out. Is there a way of making a never-ending request from CFML code?
Simply set cfset ting to a very high number
My theory is, that a request could be made, then force close the response stream via getPageContext().getResponseStream().close() (I know this works, I use it in several places when dealing with binary data such as the piped output of ffmpeg, wkhtmltopdf etc.), leaving the request active from the server side, but finished from the client's point of view.
Creating a  pagecontext only simulates the servlet environment, so you no longer have interaction with the servlet engine.

Desmond Miles

Shane Curless

Mar 31, 2015, 4:04:38 PM3/31/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
That is absolutely fantastic! I now have a solid reason to migrate my Railo servers to Lucee :-)

Michael Offner

Apr 2, 2015, 2:59:06 AM4/2/15
to lucee
But this is only for Lucee 5, not Lucee 4.5...

Micha

Shane Curless

Apr 2, 2015, 7:43:03 AM4/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I realised that.. Any idea on an ETA? Or is there a branch I can download now? Even looking at the source of that function could
 be helpful
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to lucee+un...@googlegroups.com.

Andrew Dixon

Apr 2, 2015, 8:30:15 AM4/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shane,

The beta for Lucee 5 will be available soon, next week or so, no date on a final release yet. The source is not publicly available yet either.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member