read the current requesttimeout with cfml

Bruce Kirkpatrick

Jun 9, 2016, 10:19:56 AM6/9/16
to Lucee
Am I right that there is no way to read the current value of <cfsetting requesttimeout="1000"> in CFML?

I guess I could wrap all my  <cfsetting> calls in a custom function to do this.

It would be nice to have a way to read this setting back out of CFML.

For example, I might make a function that may need to extend the length of the timeout value, but not make it any smaller then the existing number.

Andrew Dixon

Jun 9, 2016, 12:17:19 PM6/9/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce,

getPageContext().getRequestTimeout();

should get you the timeout in ms.

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Win a ticket to dev.objective from Lucee via Twitter, see http://bit.ly/1UbTMWj for details, good luck and see you there...

Bruce Kirkpatrick

Jun 9, 2016, 12:45:41 PM6/9/16
to Lucee
Andrew,

It does, but the return value of getPageContext is a Java object.  With java disabled in the access/sandbox, there is no pure CFML way to do this.