Query performance within Lucee 4.5.2.018 (vs CF 9)

Aimon Jassim

Jan 26, 2016, 6:12:33 AM1/26/16
to Lucee
Hello there,

We are exploring Lucee 4.5.2.018 as an alternative to ColdFusion 9, and have stumbled across some huge performance discrepancies between the two when performing query of queries.

A function will return a cfquery which is in turn used to perform subsequent queries against the result set.

Aside from re-writing the query to reduce the number of selects hitting the database, is there any configuration that we could be missing that would lead to a comparable performance vs ColdFusion 9?

It appears like ColdFusion is doing a lot of work behind the scenes to handle the query of queries.

We have a standard Lucee express installation against an Oracle 11.2 database.

Many thanks,

Aimon.

Harry Klein

Jan 26, 2016, 6:45:08 AM1/26/16
to Lucee

Hi Aimon,

I certainly wouldn’t recommend the Lucee & Oracle combination with open issues like:

https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-637

https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-385

https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-413

(some of them created half a year ago and still not triaged)

We had several issues with Oracle in the past (also with Railo) and decided to recommend ACF to customers with Oracle databases.

-Harry

P.S. ACF had and still has also problems with Oracle, if the enterprise driver is no option.

Thin driver problems with ACF: date/time functions & timestamp support, QoQ types, CLOB support …

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html