Path mapping issues

mark.s...@lovehoney.co.uk

Jul 9, 2015, 5:14:39 AM7/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I encountered some issues with Lucee 4.5.1.022.  I'm wondering if this is a bug or we are doing something wrong...

If I set the virtual mapping for lucee-context.lar to something other than /lucee/ I see my changes in lucee-server.xml and in the server admin UI but any generated lucee-web.xml.cfm will revert to virtual="/lucee/"

The same story with the component base for Component.cfc  This also reverts to /lucee/ if set to any other value in lucee-server.xml

Are these settings supposed to be configurable?  I have seen examples online where people are using /railo-context/ or /lucee-context/ in place of /lucee/ so I thought that they should be.

Andrew Dixon

Jul 9, 2015, 9:27:23 AM7/9/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

I think if you change it in the base system lucee-web.xml.cfm it will copied to new hosts when they are created as I believe it uses the base one as the template when creating new ones. So if you used the installer this would be:

{basedir}/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lucee/lucee-web.xml.cfm

I must say I've not tried this but I think that is how it works.

If you are just trying to stop people from accessing the Lucee Admin I would suggest using rewrite rules on your web server (Apache, Nginx, etc...) instead and return a 404 for the admin except for specific IP addresses. If you want some help with that feel free to contact me off list.

Kind regards,

Andrew