Mehdi B

Apr 12, 2015, 8:39:05 AM4/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been watching since a long while Railo and noticed in 4.2 there would be a CLI mode using "lib/ext/railo-cli.jar" but despite searching I never got hand on it.

So does this feature exist? (I understand it looks more like a geek toy) but is there any plan to support it in lucee too?

CLI is usefull for cron jobs/some automated task.

M B

Mehdi B

Apr 12, 2015, 10:59:52 AM4/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
To understand more here is the what I'm talking about:

never found the

railo-cli.jar

Post made by Gert Franz in 2012

found the class/ package:

This external tool:

Also:

I've been chasing this since a while and seem I missed a tip about it.

Thanks guys

Alex Skinner

Apr 12, 2015, 1:57:59 PM4/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Check out commandbox this uses and expands on the stuff started by the railo project you can create bat or .sh files and use as you would expect

Sent from my phone

denstar

Apr 12, 2015, 2:48:19 PM4/12/15
to lucee

That lucee.cli artifact is the current incarnation of the CLI.  With version 5 we can do some neat OSGi stuff, and I don't think we'll need to fake a context, but it should be pretty similar.  The plan is to have Lucee be the default engine for CommandBox 2.x.

-Den

Igal @ Lucee.org

Apr 12, 2015, 3:00:14 PM4/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
With version 5 we can do some neat JSR-223 stuff ;)

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

denstar

Apr 12, 2015, 4:00:52 PM4/12/15
to lucee

Heck yeah!  You can use CFML in ant now without a custom task.  Standards can be cool, every now and again.  ;)

-Den

Mehdi B

Apr 12, 2015, 4:37:59 PM4/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Command box looks a bit slow... Compared to php in CLI. Init/starting time is a bit long.

M B

denstar

Apr 12, 2015, 8:06:30 PM4/12/15
to lucee

Java has a slow startup.  You can keep it running so you only take the hit once.  (Basically as a server/daemon.)

Otherwise wait for the JRE that addresses it better, maybe Java 10-- they do keep improving it.

-Den

Dominic Watson

Apr 13, 2015, 9:16:48 AM4/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On the performance front - I'm running Linux (Mint + Cinammon) on my acer laptop (medium spec) and it loads up pretty quickly. When I was running Windows on the same laptop, it took at least 4-5 times as long.

We've seen that the performance is massively better on OSX too (compared to Windows). Will be interesting to see how it performs on Windows 10.

Pixl8 Interactive, 3 Tun Yard, Peardon Street, London
SW8 3HT, United Kingdom

T: +44 [0] 845 260 0726 W: www.pixl8.co.uk E: in...@pixl8.co.uk

Follow us on: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED - This e-mail and any attachment is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential and may also be subject to legal, professional or other privilege or may be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please email it back to the sender and then immediately permanently delete it. Pixl8 Interactive Ltd Registered in England. Registered number: 04336501. Registered office: 8 Spur Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EB