Building Lucee with different Java Versions

Michael Offner

Feb 2, 2015, 5:37:58 AM2/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
The build process already works with Java 6 (default) and 7, i will now look into the problems with Java 8.

Micha

Sean Corfield

Feb 2, 2015, 12:48:03 PM2/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
This was meant to go to the list - can Geoff or whoever controls the Google Group please change the default reply to be _group_ not _poster_ like it was for the Railo group?

On Feb 2, 2015, at 9:44 AM, Sean Corfield <se...@corfield.org> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2015, at 2:37 AM, Michael Offner <mic...@lucee.org> wrote:
>> The build process already works with Java 6 (default) and 7, i will now look into the problems with Java 8.
>
> I can verify that with JAVA_HOME pointing to JDK 7 on Mac OS X Yosemite, Lucee builds flawlessly!

Jean Moniatte

Feb 2, 2015, 12:50:44 PM2/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
It was changed earlier today and is working now.

Matt Quackenbush

Feb 2, 2015, 12:51:09 PM2/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
That was addressed / fixed earlier this morning.

Sean Corfield

Feb 2, 2015, 12:52:34 PM2/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 2, 2015, at 9:50 AM, Matt Quackenbush <quack...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That was addressed / fixed earlier this morning.

Yup. Thank you.

Happened between me hitting reply on Micha’s post and hitting reply on the next thing - much appreciated!

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

Michael Offner

Feb 2, 2015, 1:05:49 PM2/2/15
to lucee
about "reply to":
this is already happening, this was an older post made before the setting changed

about java 8:
we could solve most of the problems with java 8 and the build process, there is only a single problem left, java 8 has added a new method called "sort(Comparator c)" to the List interface (http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/List.html#sort-java.util.Comparator-) that now conflicts with our Array interface. Problem here is to find a solution that works for people only update in Admin without changing the lucee.jar then the interface in question is in the lucee.jar.

Micha

Sean Corfield

Feb 3, 2015, 5:26:15 PM2/3/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I see Nguyen has made Lucee build with Java 8 now:

Thank you!!

I confirmed that master now builds flawlessly on Java 8 (on Mac OS X).

Very impressed at how slick the build process is now (compared to Railo!).

Sean

Ryan Guill

Feb 4, 2015, 7:29:31 PM2/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I was able to successfully build with 8 today - but I am unable to get the tests to work.

I set up the following mappings in the server admin:

/lucee-tests E:\home\java\lucee\lucee\tests Resource Always
/testcases E:\home\java\lucee\lucee\tests\testcases Resource Always

But when I try to browse to:

http://localhost:8888/lucee-tests/index.cfm I receive the following error:

Lucee 4.5.0.043 Error (expression)
Message invalid component definition, can't find component [testbox.system.testing.TestBox]
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
E:\home\java\lucee\lucee\tests\index.cfm: line 57
55:
56: // Prepare TestBox
57: testbox = new testbox.system.testing.TestBox();
58:
59:

Java Stacktrace invalid component definition, can't find component [testbox.system.testing.TestBox]
  at lucee.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.load(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.loadComponent(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.loadComponent(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.functions.other.CreateObject.doComponent(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.functions.other._CreateComponent.call(Unknown Source):-1
  at index_cfm$cf.call(E:\home\java\lucee\lucee\tests\index.cfm:57):57
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onRequest(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(Unknown Source):-1
  at lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(Unknown Source):-1
  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848):848
  at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:686):686
  at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:501):501
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137):137
  at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:557):557
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231):231
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086):1086
  at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:428):428
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193):193
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020):1020
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135):135
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:255):255
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:154):154
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116):116
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:370):370
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489):489
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:949):949
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1011):1011
  at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644):644
  at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235):235
  at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82):82
  at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:668):668
  at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52):52
  at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608):608
  at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543):543
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source):-1

Note the updated version number is from me bumping the version in info.ini.  And I am testing with the express jetty version (but the same thing happened when I tried copying the jars into my existing tomcat installation).

I think it may have something to do with testbox.ra not being loaded properly, but I'm not certain how to fix it - I've never used the ra files before (railo archive I suppose?).

I'm sure its something small i'm missing, any help would be appreciated.

I've tried a few things, even to the point of trying to provide

Michael Offner

Feb 4, 2015, 7:36:21 PM2/4/15
to lucee
we should use a Lucee archive for testbox
but like you can see there, there is still a railo archive defined (.ra instead of .lar)...

workaround: copy testbox into the webroot
solution: create a component archive from testbox and attach in the aplication.cfc

Micha

Ryan Guill

Feb 4, 2015, 7:50:12 PM2/4/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I started down the path of supplying my own version of testbox but it seems the version included is a bit out of date, 1.1 vs 2.1, and some of the packages in testbox have changed since (old: testbox.system.testing.TestBox vs new: testbox.system.TestBox) which affects quite a few files.

I tried copying testbox.ra into the webroot, and also copying it and renaming it to testbox.lar and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

What is the best way to create a component archive from testbox? I suppose I would need to go find a copy of version 1.1 to use? I tried renaming the .ra file to .zip and opening it - there are some .class files in there - but could I make an lar out of that?

Michael Offner

Feb 5, 2015, 2:23:28 AM2/5/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Please read my answers between the lines.

Micha

Am Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2015 schrieb Ryan Guill :
I started down the path of supplying my own version of testbox but it seems the version included is a bit out of date, 1.1 vs 2.1, and some of the packages in testbox have changed since (old: testbox.system.testing.TestBox vs new: testbox.system.TestBox) which affects quite a few files.
I will ask brad to jump in

I tried copying testbox.ra into the webroot, and also copying it and renaming it to testbox.lar and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
A .ra is build for the Railo environment, it will not work for inside Lucee. Giving a dog a cats name does not make him catch mice.

What is the best way to create a component archive from testbox?
Inside the admin on the component page create a mapping for testbox, then export the archive in that mapping.

 I suppose I would need to go find a copy of version 1.1 to use?
Yeas as long the test case relay on that, but I will ask Luis and brad to jump in on that ...
 I tried renaming the .ra file to .zip and opening it - there are some .class files in there - but could I make an lar out of that?
No cat...

Jonathan Brookins

Feb 5, 2015, 10:34:33 AM2/5/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
What steps are necessary for me to try playing with the Lucee code myself?  Although I'm not really a Java programmer I've been working with Scala and using Intellij to do it.  What do I need to do to get to the point where I can modify and build the code?

Thanks!

Ryan Guill

Feb 5, 2015, 10:40:46 AM2/5/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Johnathan, you can start here: https://bitbucket.org/lucee/lucee/wiki/Build%20from%20source

For me, with intellij, it was as simple as forking the repo, cloning it, creating a project pointing to that folder (im using java 8), going to ant build and properties to increase the ram it can use and then running the full build.

Jonathan Brookins

Feb 5, 2015, 11:55:12 AM2/5/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Ryan!  I'll give it a shot when I get some free time.

Ryan Guill

Feb 5, 2015, 11:57:33 AM2/5/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
NP.  A few of us in the ##coldfusion irc room on freenode have been playing around with building and hacking on lucee, feel free to drop in there if you have problems questions.  No guarantees we will have answers though!

One thing I have questions about is if it is possible to interactively debug lucee while it is evaluating CFML. I don't expect that it is possible, but I would be happy to be proven wrong!

Michael Offner

Feb 5, 2015, 5:01:39 PM2/5/15
to lucee
Lucee has a FusionDebug interface (lucee.integral.fusiondebug) that is maybe the answer to your question...

Micha

Ryan Guill

Feb 5, 2015, 5:33:44 PM2/5/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I was meaning debugging the lucee java source while it is evaluating cfml - this is for debugging cfml itself right?

denstar

Feb 5, 2015, 7:42:05 PM2/5/15
to lucee
On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Ryan Guill wrote:
One thing I have questions about is if it is possible to interactively debug lucee while it is evaluating CFML. I don't expect that it is possible, but I would be happy to be proven wrong!

It's totally possible, and is one of the things on the list for the new build docs-- it'll be Eclipse-centric, as that's what I like, but the same basic principles should apply to NB, for instance.

-Den

Ryan Guill

Feb 5, 2015, 7:49:06 PM2/5/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com