5.0.0.44 has *neither* createComponent() or loadComponent()?

Adam Cameron

Apr 18, 2015, 1:31:02 PM4/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
G'day:
I just tried this code on 5.0.0.44:

<cfscript>
o = loadComponent("C");
</cfscript>

This gave an error:

Lucee 5.0.0.44 Error (expression)
MessageNo matching function [LOADCOMPONENT] found
StacktraceThe Error Occurred in
C:\apps\lucee\5.0\express\webapps\ROOT\shared\scratch\blogExamples\lucee\5\cfcs\loadcomponent\usingLoadComponent.cfm: line 2
1: <cfscript>
2: o = loadComponent("C");
3: </cfscript>

So I changed the code back to this:

<cfscript>
o = createComponent("C");
</cfscript>

And now I get this error:

Lucee 5.0.0.44 Error (expression)
MessageNo matching function [CREATECOMPONENT] found
StacktraceThe Error Occurred in
C:\apps\lucee\5.0\express\webapps\ROOT\shared\scratch\blogExamples\lucee\5\cfcs\loadcomponent\usingLoadComponent.cfm: line 2
1: <cfscript>
2: o = createComponent("C");
3: </cfscript>

Micha, have you taken your ball and gone home? ;-)

--
Adam

Michael Offner

Apr 18, 2015, 2:36:35 PM4/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
We changed it to ObjectNew, JavaNew and WebservuceNew, will update the wiki asap and in the Lucee reference you will find it. (/lucee/doc.cfm)

Micha

Adam Cameron

Apr 18, 2015, 2:51:10 PM4/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, 18 April 2015 19:36:35 UTC+1, Micha wrote:
We changed it to ObjectNew, JavaNew and WebservuceNew,

Wot, is Yoda on your team or something? ;-)

Should be javaObjectNew(), surely? It's not returning a new Java (whatever that might be). But it should not be any of these. They're really "not excellent" (that's the new "positive" me. I hope you like it).

Did this come from someone's observation about structNew() / queryNew() etc? I don't think the analogy extends to these kind of functions, but I never bothered to comment as I thought those names would never wash. Dammit.

I'll follow-up later.

--
Adam