Update the Lucee 4.5 installer?

David Eurenius

Aug 25, 2015, 5:42:18 AM8/25/15
to Lucee
Dear Community,

Is there any plans in updating the excellent installation package done by Viviotech to Java 8/Tomcat 8 and latest Lucee 4.5?

I read that more and more users are upgrading to Java 8 and Tomcat 8.

Andrew Dixon

Aug 25, 2015, 8:14:27 AM8/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
The current installer already has Java 8 and Tomcat 8.

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

David Eurenius

Aug 25, 2015, 8:20:14 AM8/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic!
I didn't know.

Thanks Andrew!
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.

Patrick

Aug 25, 2015, 8:31:10 AM8/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How to upgrade my server(prod) to the latest ? Need to reinstall over with the installer ? Any guide to do it manually ?

Patrick

Jordan Michaels

Aug 25, 2015, 3:51:40 PM8/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I haven't written anything about upgrading. However, thinking about it briefly, reinstalling over the top of your current install might be the best way to upgrade from the 1.7 JRE and Tomcat 7.

- Backup system
- Backup Lucee config from /opt/lucee/lib/lucee-server
- Uninstall Lucee
- Remove /opt/lucee directory
- Reinstall Lucee using latest installer
- Restore Lucee config to /opt/lucee/lib/lucee-server

Your per-site WEB-INF directories wouldn't be touched with this method, and of course your experience may be different, so try it in a test environment before performing it on production systems.

You will also upgrade mod_cfml to 1.1 using this method.

Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels